Announcement

Collapse

Lobby Guidelines

You've made it through the revolving doors and now you can mingle and mill about. If you feel like spamming, please head down the hall to the right to the RecRoom. But, if you'd like to meet people, chat about nothing in particular, you know...have polite conversation that doesn't seem to fit easily into any of the other rooms, this is the place!

The Lobby is not for serious debates, there are other areas for those types of conversations. It is more for relaxed chatting or discussing things that don't fit elsewhere. Politics, religion and philosophy have their own place on the site

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

What Happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno, for me at least interests come and go, and Tweb crashing came right after I was kinda moving in a different direction. I'm sad to see how slow it has gotten here, but really haven't got much to contribute with.

I still surf a few forums for info, but at some point, one has absorbed all the info they can get, or they learn enough to know where to look in the future. Interest then dwindles.

Guess I'm starting to get more of an interest outside of the web--after years of being online it's starting to get old. And I'm not really interested in becoming a twit on twitter or facepalming on facebook or whatever it that the younger generation now does.
    No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      Were there really that many preterist threads in the end before she left? I don't seem to recall there was while I was still around. I think I really only remember 2 or 3 people who even brought it up on a regular basis over the last 5 years or so.
      Whether there were or not that many of those threads, I suspect that the orthodox Preterist view point was a draw to Tweb.
      Last edited by 37818; 01-02-2016, 02:06 PM.
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
        Whether there were or not that many of those threads, I suspect that the orthodox Preterist view point was a draw to Tweb.
        That's what brought me here several years ago (before the crash). I never heard of "preterist" and all these years I was one.
        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
          That's what brought me here several years ago (before the crash). I never heard of "preterist" and all these years I was one.
          You too?

Comment

I didn't know there was a name for it. I was pretty much alone in a few different churches that were as far as I know entirely futurist, dispensational, rapturist, etc. For decades I just kept to myself rather than make an issue out of it. I knew there were others who thought the same way, but thought they were rare.
            When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Yet, here you are, again.

Comment

Does this mean we can no longer be best buds? Do I have to unfriend you?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Does this mean we can no longer be best buds? Do I have to unfriend you?
                  Gosh, I hope not. I aim to play with the same straight bat as usual. No doubt your Lord will direct you but I will always be your somewhat critical but fair friend through thick and thin and to the end of time, etc. Silverman takes no prisoners whereas I am, as you can see, a pussycat.

Comment