Announcement

Collapse

Lobby Guidelines

You've made it through the revolving doors and now you can mingle and mill about. If you feel like spamming, please head down the hall to the right to the RecRoom. But, if you'd like to meet people, chat about nothing in particular, you know...have polite conversation that doesn't seem to fit easily into any of the other rooms, this is the place!

The Lobby is not for serious debates, there are other areas for those types of conversations. It is more for relaxed chatting or discussing things that don't fit elsewhere. Politics, religion and philosophy have their own place on the site

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Anyone get weekend headaches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get weekend headaches?

I've started working on an internship with a company called Prevas A/S and after a couple of weeks I've noticed that I develop some severe headaches come saturday... is it because you sleep in I wonder, anyone else experienced the same thing?

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    I've started working on an internship with a company called Prevas A/S and after a couple of weeks I've noticed that I develop some severe headaches come saturday... is it because you sleep in I wonder, anyone else experienced the same thing?
    I get headaches a lot and especially if I don't drink my water. Sometimes just drinking water will get rid of a headache (unless it's a migraine which I also get). I also use an essential oil which I actually think is working for the tension type headaches. When I get a migraine (a behind the eye type) nothing seems to help but an icepack and a dark room. I used to take Imitrex but it doesn't go well with my high blood presser med. :/

I wonder if there's something in the air at your new workplace that is bothering you? As for sleeping in, yes, I do get headaches if I sleep too long (like today I slept way too long and I have a slight headache. I teach elementary kids and it was the first week of school and my 63 year old body was so very tired.

Comment

What is the oil you use, PZ?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

My headache is in my left knee.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I experience daily headaches. For when it's really bad I use a special compound. It used to be sold as a prescription, but they stopped making it. It was the most effective headache medicine I've ever tried(still is). I can't figure out why they stopped making it.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            What is the oil you use, PZ?
            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o04_s01

Comment

I have a lot of those individual oils at home. Will have to try a few to see if I can alleviate some of my aches.

Have an essential oil recipe book. Should look up some stuff.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I have a lot of those individual oils at home. Will have to try a few to see if I can alleviate some of my aches.

Have an essential oil recipe book. Should look up some stuff.
                Let us know if you find something that works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
                  Let us know if you find something that works for you.
                  Will do. I'm not looking for headache stuff in particular, but more joint ache stuff.

Comment

I got that too! I need a new body without the failing parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
                      I got that too! I need a new body without the failing parts.

Some day, brother!

Comment

Coffee, Migraine headaches

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        You apparently have the classic "Caffeine withdrawal headache". Under work pressures or just to keep awake doing boring work, workers (especially white collar workers in offices) guzzle coffee all day. Come Saturday they do whatever else and forget that they are hooked on caffeince and are suffering withdrawals.
                        As a practical matter keep Excedrins on your person at all times on week-ends. At the first sign of a headache (if no coffee or tea or coke is available), take the Excedrin, or at least half a pill. It has enough caffeine to eliminate the "bends", plus the main ingredients are intended as first-line defense against headache: aspirin and acetaminophen (Tylenol). Same bottle will work for body aches, fevers, colds, and even that most dreaded of afflictions, MIGRAINE HEADACHES. (If you buy the bottle that says "Excedrin Migraine" it's exactly the same thing but accompanied by instructions not to take more than two in 24 hours--but that's the rule for MIGRAINES ONLY: if you really actually have a migraine two tablets should fix it--you should go to a doctor if you still have a splitting one-sided headache, you may be having a stroke. Unless of course you're the REAL THING MIGRAINE SUFFERER LIKE ME and have advanced beyond the point where Excedrins can do the job and now you're up to needing House's nemesis Vicodin (hydrocodone) or the great new thing for migraine sufferers only, the various TRIPTANS (Imitrex, Maxalt, are already generic and cheap, but require M. D. prescription to be sure you don't have the Basilar type migraine that would be worsened by triptans). For me personally I swear by Relafen (nabumetone) as my NSAID because it doesn't cause bleeding like aspirin nor heart attacks like Advil--but it's expensive and requires prescription. I also take a whole bunch of natural cures: Feverfew, Devil's Claw, Hops, White Willow, Gingko, CLEAR migraine, Hi-Tech Pain Rx, and Hylands homeopathic Migraine.
                        Last edited by Adam; 09-10-2015, 11:23 PM.
                        Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          My headache is in my left knee.
                          It's my right knee

Comment