Comfortable shoes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Several years ago I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and was told I needed to stop going barefoot in the house, which I had always done. Found a really good pair of slip ons that I still wear, even though they are worn out and I can't find another pair like them anywhere.

For outside, I always wear Nike walkers. When I first started, they were Nike Airs, but can't get them anymore. Found the next generation of Nike walker is also good. Paid about $100 Canadian for them, and the store I usually get them from often has a buy one get another pair for half price, and I like to do that when I can. Then I don't have to shop again when they wear out.

And I do wear these shoes until they are falling apart.

So, I am thinking that any good quality walker would work for you.
    Mossy thinks that "several years ago" means when Rome was still a Republic and was surprised to find that the Greek sandal-maker she used had gone out of business.

But I also tend to wear shoes until they are quite literally falling apart.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Yeah, cause at THAT point, they're just broken in good!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah, cause at THAT point, they're just broken in good!
        I tend to stick them in the basement and when I run across them a couple months later I'm usually surprised that I actually kept putting my feet in them. I really do mean that they are falling apart. Holes in the sides. Holes in the sole.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I tend to stick them in the basement and when I run across them a couple months later I'm usually surprised that I actually kept putting my feet in them. I really do mean that they are falling apart. Holes in the sides. Holes in the sole.
          That's what my "inside" shoes look like, except there are no holes in the sole. But I have glued the uppers umpteen times.

Same with my "outside" shoes, although they usually don't get holes in the soles, either.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Mossy thinks that "several years ago" means when Rome was still a Republic and was surprised to find that the Greek sandal-maker she used had gone out of business.

I have probably had my indoor shoes for 15 years.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
              For comfort dress shoes, you probably want a pair of Clarks. Considered very comfortable. http://www.clarksusa.com/us/c/mens-dress-shoes or Cole Haans http://www.colehaan.com/mens-shoes-1
              I'll second that. I'm on my second pair of these: http://www.clarksusa.com/us/mens/men...uck/p/26066260.

Most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned.
              "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Ummm.... putting your feet in shoes you haven't worn in a while can be quite painful in Texas.

scorpion.jpg
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ummm.... putting your feet in shoes you haven't worn in a while can be quite painful in Texas.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4797[/ATTACH]
                  Do you always turn them upside down and tap them on the floor a couple times first?

Comment

Do you always turn them upside down and tap them on the floor a couple times first?
                    Not so much anymore, but back in the late 80's, scorpions were REALLY plentiful, and, yeah, we did that.

There was a friend of ours who brought their son over to swim in our pool, and when it was time for lunch, he changed out of his swim trunks into shorts to come inside. After lunch, he put his swim trunks back on, then was suddenly screaming and gyrating like crazy.....

um.....

yeah.

Comment

I wear these at work. They are work/casual. Goes good with anything. Very comfortable and they don't touch my ankles (and have a padded edge so that they don't rub the sides of your foot or heel as you walk)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Like THIS?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4782[/ATTACH] (It's raining, so they're wet, and i've been out in the stables, so they're pretty dirty - but these are my "at home outdoors" shoes)

I started wearing shoes without the "back end" in them.... they're much easier to slip on and off, and I actually have a pair of dress shoes in nice condition for less informal applications. But I never have to worry about blisters on the backs of my heels, and my feet don't feel "closed in".

These shoes are from LL Bean. And, yeah, they're some of the least uncomfortable shoes I've worn.
                        Unfortunately, any slip ons I wear need to have a good backing, so those wouldn't work for me.

I am also blessed with high arches, which adds to my issues.

Comment