I HATE talking on the phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoke signals.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If that is how proposal cologne smells I would have to say, "No, thanks!"

It would just make me sneeze.......

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Taoist! Thanks for the tip about Google Voice!

And good luck finding a better job, girl!

Comment

I just realized that I don't mind talking on the phone if someone else calls me, I just hate to make phone calls.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            I just realized that I don't mind talking on the phone if someone else calls me, I just hate to make phone calls.
            Yeah!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

And good luck finding a better job, girl!
              Thanks!
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

I'm beyond odd about this, and well into eccentric. My only phone is a MagicJack, which forwards directly to the only number I release: a Google Voice account, which sends me voicemail transcripts via email. I'm hugely busy on assorted projects, all the time. People need my permission to interrupt me, and I don't grant that permission casually.

On those rare occasions when I allow others to interrupt those projects, friends and family can reach me via instant messenger or Skype. If I'm not showing up as active, I'm not available, and that's the end of it. I've had girlfriends who couldn't handle that. I assume they had better luck with their next boyfriends.

I use face-to-face on the rare occasions when I have to discuss confidential issues, but email otherwise, mostly because of that "written record" thing. That comes in very handy with students, who can otherwise be counted on to "misremember" to their advantage damn near every time. Bosses, too, occasionally.

On the other hand, I'm obsessive about clearing my email box before going to bed, or at worst when I get up in the morning. I never miss a date with my current girlfriend, so long as it's something that can be arranged at least a day in advance.

Unlike most of my pals here on TWeb, I don't expect to survive my death. My life is arranged to get the things I want to do done before I kick the bucket.

YMMV.

As ever, Jesse
                Is it still possible to get a account with Google Talk now days? I thought they merged into Hangouts...
                "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                I support the :
                sigpic

Comment