Whites Anonymous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Cotton? Or Increase? I get them confused.
    Cotton.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
      I"ve got Welsh, Irish, English, and Scottish heritage on one side; on the other side I've got Swedish and Danish can't get more eurocentric then that.

I have the first 4.

And my genealogy-minded sister has traced our ancestry back to John of Gaunt, brother of the Black Prince, who you will see defeated by Heath Ledger in A Knight's Tale.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Meh. One of my ancestors sentenced witches! and was instrumental in gaining the widespread acceptance of inoculation against smallpox in America
        Pthht. That's nothing, my ancestor sailed with John Hawkins, a notorious slaver.

Comment

My hair used to be dark brown, almost black, but now it is turning white. I have noticed that even on black people their hair eventually will turn white.

Does that mean hair is racist?

Comment

I have it on reasonably good authority* that my ancestors were run out of every European country by outraged husbands and disgruntled fathers.

* a sixth cousin twice removed who got the information during an encounter with a keg of rum.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              I see you, tzu-py!

Thank you for the kindness, mossy, but please folks, let's not do this.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Others are lurking.
              CP, you too.

The "invisible" option on vBulletin was created to answer issues with stalking on discussion boards. Hiding information from stalkers is a good thing. I use it myself because I've been stalked on pretty much every board I've posted regularly.

It happened on IIDB (a Scandinavian mathematician irate at my claim that Godel incompleteness hit Whitehead like a brick), at the other location (an Enyart supporter who was badly treated by people I knew, using Photoshop), and yes, here on TWeb too (Hitler did not lack ambition).

From which there are lessons to be learned, the most important being that IIDB stalkers were of much higher caliber. But still ... please, Godel destroyed Principia, directly, it's in the paper's title, of course Russell and Whitehead were devastated.

Some folks just hate being proved wrong.

I can see good, even compelling reasons to abandon mockery in favor of discussion, but unlike the late Whitehead, I still have hopes of winning the argument. Let's not do that, either.

Comment

I have the first 4.

And my genealogy-minded sister has traced our ancestry back to John of Gaunt, brother of the Black Prince, who you will see defeated by Heath Ledger in A Knight's Tale.

There's a special basket of dark chocolate next to the cookies. Please help yourself, then and have a seat.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

CP, you too.

The "invisible" option on vBulletin was created to answer issues with stalking on discussion boards. Hiding information from stalkers is a good thing. I use it myself because I've been stalked on pretty much every board I've posted regularly.

It happened on IIDB (a Scandinavian mathematician irate at my claim that Godel incompleteness hit Whitehead like a brick), at the other location (an Enyart supporter who was badly treated by people I knew, using Photoshop), and yes, here on TWeb too (Hitler did not lack ambition).

From which there are lessons to be learned, the most important being that IIDB stalkers were of much higher caliber. But still ... please, Godel destroyed Principia, directly, it's in the paper's title, of course Russell and Whitehead were devastated.

I can see good, even compelling reasons to abandon mockery in favor of discussion, but unlike the late Whitehead, I still have hopes of winning the argument. Let's not do that, either.
                  While you're coming clean, why is it that you always use tiny urls?
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

CP, you too.

I'm sorry. I won't notice you ever again.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I know my grandmother's side of the family is Appalachian.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am 1/8th German! And probably scottish and English. No nazi jokes. She left Germany in the 19th century.
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                          I know my grandmother's side of the family is Appalachian.
                          Probably Scot roots, then!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                            I am 1/8th German! And probably scottish and English. No nazi jokes. She left Germany in the 19th century.
                            Your German blood is weak. I'm 5/8 German.
                            sigpic

Comment

Probably Scot roots, then!
                              My last name is also the name of a region of Scotland. And, one day soon, I shall visit said region.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Your German blood is weak. I'm 5/8 German.
                                That explains a lot!

Comment