Announcement

Collapse

Lobby Guidelines

You've made it through the revolving doors and now you can mingle and mill about. If you feel like spamming, please head down the hall to the right to the RecRoom. But, if you'd like to meet people, chat about nothing in particular, you know...have polite conversation that doesn't seem to fit easily into any of the other rooms, this is the place!

The Lobby is not for serious debates, there are other areas for those types of conversations. It is more for relaxed chatting or discussing things that don't fit elsewhere. Politics, religion and philosophy have their own place on the site

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

I Love LENT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Interesting --- the one we go to doesn't bring fish out until the 'crossover' from breakfast to lunch.
    Its a whitefish like tilapia and I always get some with my omelet, bacon, sausage, bacon, muffin, bacon, biscuit-and-gravy, bacon, scrambled eggs, bacon and 3 glasses of OJ breakfast

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Its a whitefish like tilapia and I always get some with my omelet, bacon, sausage, bacon, muffin, bacon, biscuit-and-gravy, bacon, scrambled eggs, bacon and 3 glasses of OJ breakfast
      Does your GC have chicken fried bacon?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Does your GC have chicken fried bacon?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Our GC (35 miles away ) does bacon right --- there's a choice between crispy bacon like we used to get before the war, or that limp stuff.
          I usually get only like 2 or 3 pieces of the chicken fried bacon "just because".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Our GC (35 miles away ) does bacon right --- there's a choice between crispy bacon like we used to get before the war, or that limp stuff.
            I usually get only like 2 or 3 pieces of the chicken fried bacon "just because".
            Yeah, on one side the bacon is crispy (but occasionally burnt) while on the other side it's limp and squiggly.

Comment

Yeah, on one side the bacon is crispy (but occasionally burnt) while on the other side it's limp and squiggly.
              But, I must say, they do keep up with the bacon bins!

Comment

If we go to GC, we always plan to hit it about 10 or 10:30 AM. We take our time eating, and take advantage of the changeover from breakfast to lunch.

We used to do that with Shoney's when we traveled - plan on hitting at that "breakfast to lunch" transition.

Comment

But, I must say, they do keep up with the bacon bins!
                  There used to be four types of sausage but now there's only two.

Comment

There used to be four types of sausage but now there's only two.
                    Ours still grills sausage links on the flame steak grill!!!

Comment

By the way, it was about 10 years ago that I was hungry for fish*, and there was a small restaurant in the basement of our building's parking garage.
                      I knew they had an EGGcellent BLT, so I ventured to ask if they had a fish dinner.
                      It was EGGcellent!!!

When I asked what the fish was, I was told it was Basa (also known as Swai) from Vietnam. VERY good fish dinner!

*a particular occasion to be repeated many times throughout my life.

Comment

By the way, it was about 10 years ago that I was hungry for fish*, and there was a small restaurant in the basement of our building's parking garage.
                        I knew they had an EGGcellent BLT, so I ventured to ask if they had a fish dinner.
                        It was EGGcellent!!!

When I asked what the fish was, I was told it was Basa (also known as Swai) from Vietnam. VERY good fish dinner!

*a particular occasion to be repeated many times throughout my life.
                        And here I was thinking that your previous mention of basa was a typo for bass.

Comment

And here I was thinking that your previous mention of basa was a typo for bass.
                          Nope - but it reminds me that I had to have the waiter repeat it, thinking maybe he was saying "Bass - uh" --- like a bad Italian pronounciation.

He said, slowly, what might phonetically be spelled "BOSS uh".

Comment

Have you ever been to Chuck E. Cheese?
                            Not in over 30 years. But does that explain why they serve beer?
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Not in over 30 years. But does that explain why they serve beer?
                              To compensate parents for having to be there?

Comment

Have you ever been to Chuck E. Cheese?
                                Their cake is even worse.
                                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment