Announcement

Collapse

Lobby Guidelines

You've made it through the revolving doors and now you can mingle and mill about. If you feel like spamming, please head down the hall to the right to the RecRoom. But, if you'd like to meet people, chat about nothing in particular, you know...have polite conversation that doesn't seem to fit easily into any of the other rooms, this is the place!

The Lobby is not for serious debates, there are other areas for those types of conversations. It is more for relaxed chatting or discussing things that don't fit elsewhere. Politics, religion and philosophy have their own place on the site

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

AP vs BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP vs BP

It would be great to see a debate between Apologia Phoenix & Boxing Pythagoras materialize. If both parties have the time and willingness to finally debate, I hope the topic can be on the historicity of the resurrection.

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
    It would be great to see a debate between Apologia Phoenix & Boxing Pythagoras materialize. If both parties have the time and willingness to finally debate, I hope the topic can be on the historicity of the resurrection.
    You've campaigned for this before, and I don't really understand why. I honestly don't think it'd make for that interesting of a debate. Boxing Pythagoras barely posts here anymore (looks like he posted here today after a nearly 7 month break), and as far as I can tell their theological interests lay in very different areas. Why do you want to see these two debate so badly?

Comment

Got Cow Poke in there and it can be AP vs BP vs CP.
      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        You've campaigned for this before, and I don't really understand why. I honestly don't think it'd make for that interesting of a debate. Boxing Pythagoras barely posts here anymore (looks like he posted here today after a nearly 7 month break), and as far as I can tell their theological interests lay in very different areas. Why do you want to see these two debate so badly?
        Because they are both well read, highly intelligent, and respectful. To debate the cornerstone of the faith that BP once accepted but now rejects, and which AP stands upon will make for an entertaining and rewarding debate for both participants and the audience, I think. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way.
        Last edited by Scrawly; 01-02-2017, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
          Recycling jokes TMM?

Comment

Because they are both well read, highly intelligent, and respectful. To debate the cornerstone of the faith that BP rejects and AP stands upon will make for an entertaining and rewarding debate for both participants and the audience, I think. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
              You can rest easy detective, I'm sure you'll be following along if it happens. It'll be a far more interesting debate than the one Nick had with Gary, that's for sure.

Comment

It should be noted that I went to BP's website and request that he make an appearance here at tweb for the purpose of debating AP. I was interested in seeing the debate happen ever since Nick debated Gary. I thought BP would be a far more suitable opponent. Both AP and BP expressed interest at the time, but other obligations took priority and it never happened. I am here to remind both parties and perhaps rekindle the interest to make the debate happen. If one or both parties, for what ever reason, refuse to debate I won't push it. Simple enough, right? So let's hear from AP & BP.

PS: For those such as Adrift who are not interested in such a debate, I kindly suggest that you refrain from commenting in this thread. Thank-you.

PPS: I have no life. Are you happy now, Adrift?
                Last edited by Scrawly; 01-02-2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

You can rest easy detective, I'm sure you'll be following along if it happens. It'll be a far more interesting debate than the one Nick had with Gary, that's for sure.
                  Probably not. I don't often read the debate threads. I was just curious why you've pushed for it. In my opinion, the good money is on BP anyways, but like I said, I don't think they have enough common ground to discuss anyways. I'd rather see the both of them in a general conversation with the rest of us.

Comment

It should be noted that I went to BP's website and request that he make an appearance here at tweb for the purpose of debating AP. I was interested in seeing the debate happen ever since Nick debated Gary. I thought BP would be a far more suitable opponent. Both AP and BP expressed interest at the time, but other obligations took priority and it never happened. I am here to remind both parties and perhaps rekindle the interest to make the debate happen. If one or both parties, for what ever reason, refuse to debate I won't push it. Simple enough, right? So let's here from AP & BP.

PS: For those such as Adrift who are not interested in such a debate, I kindly suggest that you refrain from commenting in this thread. Thank-you.

PPS: I have no life. Are you happy now, Adrift?

Comment

I thought this thread might have been about the concept of Alien vs. Predator as compared to Batman vs. Predator.

Oh well...
                      We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
                      - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
                      In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
                      Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                        We could call it the Alphabet Soup Debate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't think BP is all that exceptional in his knowledge about Christian history. Yes, he's way above most of the skeptical locals here, but I think that speaks less of the quality of skeptics here than it does for BP's knowledge prowess.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            I don't think BP is all that exceptional in his knowledge about Christian history. Yes, he's way above most of the skeptical locals here, but I think that speaks less of the quality of skeptics here than it does for BP's knowledge prowess.
                            Perhaps, but hopefully we can witness that in real-time. Here is an overview of his reason(s) for rejecting the faith.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              I agree! My knowledge of Christian history is not exceptional. I have a distinct interest in the subject and I read a little bit of Greek, but I would never pretend to have expert knowledge. I'm just a dude who is pretty fascinated by the early rise and spread of Christianity.

Now, to address some of the other concerns in the thread, Adrift is right that I haven't really frequented TWeb in a long time. Other obligations in life have severely limited my time to fool around on the Internet, and even my own blog-- which used to get new posts a few times a week-- has only seen sparing updates over the last year. However, the historicity of the Resurrection is a particularly interesting topic for me, so if anything could draw me back, it would be that.

If Nick has the time for it, I'd love to organize something. If not, then I'd certainly try to attend to the sort of common conversation on the topic which Adrift suggested. Either way, I'm pleased to see that I'm this well-liked, even after being away so very long. Thanks, guys! It really does mean a lot!
                              "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
                              --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment