Announcement

Collapse

Lobby Guidelines

You've made it through the revolving doors and now you can mingle and mill about. If you feel like spamming, please head down the hall to the right to the RecRoom. But, if you'd like to meet people, chat about nothing in particular, you know...have polite conversation that doesn't seem to fit easily into any of the other rooms, this is the place!

The Lobby is not for serious debates, there are other areas for those types of conversations. It is more for relaxed chatting or discussing things that don't fit elsewhere. Politics, religion and philosophy have their own place on the site

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Funny Political Picture Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

So, he's in shirt sleeves, looks like a nice day, and she’s donned a black hoodie……..

We might not recognize her since her long grey dreads are hidden, but we’ve recently seen that machete!

She's been arrested on charges of harassment and menacing, which will likely be dropped by the NY D.A. who will probably think of something to charge the reporter with.

For her part, the nutty professor claims that her being fired after the incident was made public means that the university "capitulated" to "racists, White nationalists, and misogynists."

Yup. She's the real victim here.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      She's been arrested on charges of harassment and menacing, which will likely be dropped by the NY D.A. who will probably think of something to charge the reporter with.

For her part, the nutty professor claims that her being fired after the incident was made public means that the university "capitulated" to "racists, White nationalists, and misogynists."

Yup. She's the real victim here.
      She's nuts. I watched that coverage yesterday.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

She's nuts. I watched that coverage yesterday.
        Apparently she has a history as well. One that should have led to her termination awhile back, but she had her union's full backing and support -- until the machete incident.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

He went to ask her about the video of her tearing up a pro-life display and she threatened him by placing a machete up against his neck, then followed him out onto the street with her machete screaming stay away from her (which he was doing by leaving) and then kicked him as he got into the car. Apparently her union put up a website supporting her for destroying the display but took it down after the machete incident
          I've never heard of her before. Was she famous before this incident?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I've never heard of her before. Was she famous before this incident?
            Not really. She's a self-described "black Marxist" community activist and visual artist who organized the notorious FTP protest in the Bronx after Floyd was murdered, where dozens were arrested (one of the very few times that took place during the lefts 100 days of rage), including her, and she is suing the police for abusing her.

It also emerged on Tuesday that Rodriguez is suing the NYPD after she was arrested in 2020, during the George Floyd protests.

Rodriguez claims in her lawsuit that police officers pulled her hair, shoved her face into a gate and repeatedly punched her in the stomach.

She was arrested in the Bronx and put in a police van with 14 others.

She had her hands restrained with zip ties, which she alleges were so tightly-bound for two hours they caused her lasting nerve damage, impacting her ability to create art.

The videos of her angrily sweeping the pro-life literature off the tables and wielding a machete probably won't help her case that her hands are damaged, and will likely bolster any argument that any force used to subdue her was necessary.

Further, according to the New York Post, the nutty professor

is also a member of Decolonize This Place and played a leading role when the anarchist group targeted the Whitney Museum.

The anarchist group also vandalized the city’s subway in 2019 with anti-cop graffiti.

So, famous? No. Locally notorious and someone that the cops were aware of? Yes.

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

• Last edited by rogue06; 05-28-2023, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• bidensupporters.jpg

Comment

Comment

Comment