This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I think it was Huffpost that ran a headline that DeSantis was "caught" bullying kids. How could he be "caught" doing anything that he did on stage in front of an audience? "Caught" implies it was something he was trying to hide. And yeah, he might have embarrassed the teens, but he was also letting them know they were being led around by the nose. I wouldn't call that "bullying."
    Yup. My sister said he was a bully and a tyrant. I asked her if she was actually thinking of Trudeau. She was silent.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

If you saw the actual clip, he said that they were free to wear them if they wanted to, but they didn’t have to. He did not force them to take them off.
      I saw the clip. He did say they were free to wear them -

after which he ridiculed the students for wearing them.

It may have been mild bullying - but it was still bullying by an authority figure.

"Don't let those people lead you around by the nose, let me do it."

With, of course, the lie that masks are useless added. They aren't useless, just not 100% effective.

The question arises: why did DeSantis appoint himself to decide what was appropriate for other people to wear? Were they taking something from him? Or was he just being an arrogant politician?
      Last edited by tabibito; 03-06-2022, 10:24 AM.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

I saw the clip. He did say they were free to wear them -

after which he ridiculed the students for wearing them.

It may have been mild bullying - but it was still bullying by an authority figure.

"Don't let those people lead you around by the nose, let me do it."

With, of course, the lie that masks are useless added. They aren't useless, just not 100% effective.

The question arises: why did DeSantis appoint himself to decide what was appropriate for other people to wear? Were they taking something from him? Or was he just being an arrogant politician?
        I believe he was ridiculing the arrogance of those who have told us for 2 years to do as they told us to do, not the students. And bullying? Absolutely not. Only another snowflake would call that bullying.

Why did governments and so-called health experts appoint themselves to decide what was appropriate for other people to wear? You said it yourself: just arrogance. DeSantis said what thousands of other political figures should have said a very long time ago.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I believe he was ridiculing the arrogance of those who have told us for 2 years to do as they told us to do, not the students. And bullying? Absolutely not.
          Who was he pointing at when he said it? Watch the clip again - the young man with red sleeves embarrassed - and publicly. Why?

Only another snowflake would call that bullying.
          If that is what you want to call it. I happen to object to people being publicly humiliated for no cause.

Why did governments and so-called health experts appoint themselves to decide what was appropriate for other people to wear? You said it yourself: just arrogance. DeSantis said what thousands of other political figures should have said a very long time ago.
          Health experts made recommendations. Governments made rules in accord with those recommendations. That is somewhat different to an individual singling out specific persons in public and humiliating them.

Of course I haven't been subjected to the kind of politics that you have, so my assessment may seem a bit harsh - or snowflake-ish - according to taste.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Who was he pointing at when he said it? Watch the clip again - the young man with red sleeves embarrassed - and publicly. Why?

If that is what you want to call it. I happen to object to people being publicly humiliated for no cause.

Health experts made recommendations. Governments made rules in accord with those recommendations. That is somewhat different to an individual singling out specific persons in public and humiliating them.

Of course I haven't been subjected to the kind of politics that you have, so my assessment may seem a bit harsh - or snowflake-ish - according to taste.
            If that young man was embarrassed it’s because he had been browbeaten into believing that wearing a mask would save him and others from imminent death. Otherwise the embarrassment is purely in your imagination.

The governor was not singling anyone out, but speaking to the group in general. His disgust was clearly toward those who force children to continue to wear masks at school.

Comment

Masks, especially the type of masks they're wearing, are largely INeffective, and the next thing to useless. Even Fauci admitted as much all the way back in March 2020. The lie here is that they're protecting against anything.

Anywho, we're off-topic.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• 04a421b3-d57a-4889-8f37-d7ab9b260734.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• simpsons-helping-russian-gas-dumping-vodka.jpg
                  And the Russians already got paid for the vodka you're dumping, so they don't care.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• 275326683_642365713534027_3354499247026315797_n.jpg

Comment

• groundhog-joe-biden-disaster-day-again.jpg

Comment

• 275027193_654263642447874_5615029099703162893_n.jpg

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

• 07005f2-g60Rs4.jpg

Comment

• 566f7c7b-bc77-4e84-aad7-25a92a07dd2a.jpg
                              Because the [Political] Science changed. If the polls weren't showing that the Democrats will likely be
                              shellacked during the Mid Terms NOTHING would have changed.

Comment

• Given what is happening here in Georgia, I feel me brudder's, Cow Poke's pain

01FXASQZJ6BDGY7BT4ARM0W928.jpeg

Comment