Sandstorm!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandstorm!

Today, about 45 minutes east of Barstow, on I-40.

14440960_10211280062460691_3576375857873310734_n.jpeg14448905_10211280056660546_6513546972362025842_n.jpeg
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Sandstorms can get pretty crazy.
    I remember out town got one that turned the sky black. You couldnt walk outside.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure we ever had one like that. But they do come up out of nowhere sometimes.

My mother said that during a trial that she was a.juror on, regarding liability for an accident that occurred on one of our interstates, the prosecution said it was impossible for an experienced driver to not see a sandstorm coming that would so block their vision in a matter of minutes. She said the lawyer was looking at the jury as he made that statement. Apparently the expressions on twelve experienced desert rats convinced him to not pursue that line of questioning.

Comment

I live in a town with bipolar weather.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          Today, about 45 minutes east of Barstow, on I-40.
          We have blizzards instead...

Blizzard1978.jpg
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I can't even imagine seeing something like this rolling toward me....

hm-slide-0.jpg
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The day we (my true love and I) left Barstow for Alaska we ran into a sandstorm like that. I could not see the white line in the highway out the windshield. To stay on the road I had to look at the center line out my side window. You can guess that we were moving very slowly. At some point a car shot past us and disappeared into the sand. The storm had abated a bit as we pulled into Las Vegas. That car that had shot past was in the empty space between two roads that formed a Y. No one was around but the empty car.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Spooky.

Comment

September and early October are traditionally the windy months for the fall around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    The day we (my true love and I) left Barstow for Alaska we ran into a sandstorm like that. I could not see the white line in the highway out the windshield. To stay on the road I had to look at the center line out my side window. You can guess that we were moving very slowly. At some point a car shot past us and disappeared into the sand. The storm had abated a bit as we pulled into Las Vegas. That car that had shot past was in the empty space between two roads that formed a Y. No one was around but the empty car.
                    hqdefault.jpg
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      Spooky.
                      He was moving fast and when the road forked, he went straight ahead. He had lots of time to go for help by the time we got there. I did not see it as at all spooky.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment