Announcement

Collapse

Lobby Guidelines

You've made it through the revolving doors and now you can mingle and mill about. If you feel like spamming, please head down the hall to the right to the RecRoom. But, if you'd like to meet people, chat about nothing in particular, you know...have polite conversation that doesn't seem to fit easily into any of the other rooms, this is the place!

The Lobby is not for serious debates, there are other areas for those types of conversations. It is more for relaxed chatting or discussing things that don't fit elsewhere. Politics, religion and philosophy have their own place on the site

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Is Walmart Solving One of my Pet Peeves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Walmart Solving One of my Pet Peeves?

Walmart Is Developing A Self-Driving Shopping Cart

Maybe this will solve the problem of those !@$#!@^!^ people who park their shopping cart SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ISLE while they mindlessly block traffic just staring at stuff on the shelves, totally oblivious to anybody around them, or leave their cart in "roadblock" formation in the middle of the isle, or drive while staring at their iphone, running into stuff....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Don't forget those people who decide to have a conversation at the entrance/exit of the store making everyone awkwardly squeeze around/between them. I swear, you can tell a lot about a person by how they shop at a grocery store. I'm in, and I'm out. I know exactly what I want, and I don't dilly dally. I am ALWAYS blocked or behind some self-centered person who has no idea that there's anyone else in the world but them.

Same with the gas station. I'm there to get my gas, get a soda, and get out. Last thing I want to do is hang out at a grimy 7/11-BP-Speedway, but without fail, the less time I have to spare, the more time I have to wait in lines...usually behind the guy or gal with a couple tall boys at 8 in the morning, getting their pack of smokes and holding up the entire line while they pay their poor man's tax figuring out their lottery numbers or cashing in their scratch-offs. Makes me want to go mental sometimes.

Comment

But I LOVE blocking the aisles at walmart! It's what I do for fun.

I guess now we will just have to put up with shopping carts running over old ladies and banging themselves into your car. Progress. bah.

I wonder if they will get themselves tickets?

image.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        Don't forget those people who decide to have a conversation at the entrance/exit of the store making everyone awkwardly squeeze around/between them. I swear, you can tell a lot about a person by how they shop at a grocery store. I'm in, and I'm out. I know exactly what I want, and I don't dilly dally. I am ALWAYS blocked or behind some self-centered person who has no idea that there's anyone else in the world but them.

Same with the gas station. I'm there to get my gas, get a soda, and get out. Last thing I want to do is hang out at a grimy 7/11-BP-Speedway, but without fail, the less time I have to spare, the more time I have to wait in lines...usually behind the guy or gal with a couple tall boys at 8 in the morning, getting their pack of smokes and holding up the entire line while they pay their poor man's tax figuring out their lottery numbers or cashing in their scratch-offs. Makes me want to go mental sometimes.
        You know we're sharing, temporarily, our Church building with a Lutheran congregation, yes? The ONLY thing that really gripes me is that their Church service is over first, so when they exit the sanctuary, they stand SMACK IN THE MIDDLE of the entry way just talking, while our people are trying to squeeze by to enter.

They have one very nice older lady who is their "greeter", standing at the main glass double doors, and she opens the door from INSIDE as you come up the sidewalk, so she's blocking HALF of the doorway with her body, and you have to squeeze by her to get in. If she wants to open the door, she can just step outside for a second, and hold it open from OUTSIDE, leaving the entire entryway free.

Lutherans!

(Otherwise, we get along quite famously)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          You know we're sharing, temporarily, our Church building with a Lutheran congregation, yes? The ONLY thing that really gripes me is that their Church service is over first, so when they exit the sanctuary, they stand SMACK IN THE MIDDLE of the entry way just talking, while our people are trying to squeeze by to enter.

They have one very nice older lady who is their "greeter", standing at the main glass double doors, and she opens the door from INSIDE as you come up the sidewalk, so she's blocking HALF of the doorway with her body, and you have to squeeze by her to get in. If she wants to open the door, she can just step outside for a second, and hold it open from OUTSIDE, leaving the entire entryway free.

Lutherans!

(Otherwise, we get along quite famously)
          You think that they are bad, you should try dealing with Lex Lutherans. They would take over your entire church!

Comment

...or leave their cart in "roadblock" formation in the middle of the isle...
            Or in the middle of the parking lot, which is even worse.
            ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
              Or in the middle of the parking lot, which is even worse.
              shopping cart corral.jpg

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]18519[/ATTACH]
                That certainly gives new meaning to a "Cart Corral".

Comment

Lol. We have a saying here in Barstow that we meet everybody at either Del Taco or WalMart. (Used to be just Del Taco). But I don't see this problem here. It's a problem in my church to the extent that Daughter or Son just has to talk to Mom and all the siblings and cousins and friends around Mom too. I have had to ask people to please clear the (double!) Doorway a few times.

However I do have an elderly friend who has a habit of stopping suddenly just feet inside a door. A few times she nearly got run over by people in the back.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

That certainly gives new meaning to a "Cart Corral".
                    I keep telling MelMak he needs to quit doing that.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      Lol. We have a saying here in Barstow that we meet everybody at either Del Taco or WalMart. (Used to be just Del Taco). But I don't see this problem here. It's a problem in my church to the extent that Daughter or Son just has to talk to Mom and all the siblings and cousins and friends around Mom too. I have had to ask people to please clear the (double!) Doorway a few times.

However I do have an elderly friend who has a habit of stopping suddenly just feet inside a door. A few times she nearly got run over by people in the back.
                      Yeah, when I'm "on a mission", and there's a group clogging the way, I'm often heard calling "make a hole!" The Lutherans realize they're guests here, and they have repeatedly made it clear they don't want to be a burden to us, so that's my little way of reminding them.... That often works for a couple weeks, then the clogging up resumes.... rinse, repeat....

They have officially voted to build their new building, so there's light at the end of the tunnel. Plus, we're growing, we're going to need the room we've allowed them to utilize.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        I keep telling MelMak he needs to quit doing that.

Melmak is the planet Alf is from. Just thought you should know that. I don't know why I know that, but I do.

Comment

Yeah, when I'm "on a mission", and there's a group clogging the way, I'm often heard calling "make a hole!" The Lutherans realize they're guests here, and they have repeatedly made it clear they don't want to be a burden to us, so that's my little way of reminding them.... That often works for a couple weeks, then the clogging up resumes.... rinse, repeat....

They have officially voted to build their new building, so there's light at the end of the tunnel. Plus, we're growing, we're going to need the room we've allowed them to utilize.
                          What's with Lutherans sharing buildings? One of our local Lutheran churches shares a building with the local UFO club.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                            Melmak is the planet Alf is from. Just thought you should know that. I don't know why I know that, but I do.
                            His real name isn't even Alf either.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              His real name isn't even Alf either.
                              Yeah, but she's not going to know Gordon...uh...I forget his last name... Everyone knows A(lien) L(ife) F(orm) though.

Comment