Announcement

Collapse

Lobby Guidelines

You've made it through the revolving doors and now you can mingle and mill about. If you feel like spamming, please head down the hall to the right to the RecRoom. But, if you'd like to meet people, chat about nothing in particular, you know...have polite conversation that doesn't seem to fit easily into any of the other rooms, this is the place!

The Lobby is not for serious debates, there are other areas for those types of conversations. It is more for relaxed chatting or discussing things that don't fit elsewhere. Politics, religion and philosophy have their own place on the site

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Lions and tigers, only in Kenya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions and tigers, only in Kenya

Yes, I am actually going to Kenya. We may have a chance to see lions and tigers, but our primary purpose is to teach a marriage conference.

You see, in Kenya, marriage is traditionally about strengthening one's tribe and procreation and less about Love and Respect. Our purpose in going to Malindi, Kenya is to help couples there see biblical values in marriage, and to help pastors prepare young people for marriage by giving them some pre-marriage counseling and teaching tools to help young couples Love and Respect each other.

In fact, the conference name is "Love & Respect."

I am participating with an organization that has been working in east Africa for several years (www.surprisedbyhope.org), whose primary mission is to teach Christians how to operate businesses to support themselves using biblical principles. Leslie (primary missionary for Surprised by Hope) has been asked by several pastors to come to Malindi to teach them more about biblical marriage.

If you want to help me out financially, you can give a (tax deductible) gift through their website, under the "Giving" tab by clicking on the "Love & Respect mission" button, or by sending a check to their US address. They are registered as a 501c(3). In either case, if you note that this is going to help Michael Faber, it will go towards my trip.

If anyone is given wisdom from God regarding my trip, I will most certainly listen. Presently, I am scheduled to teach on the 5 Love Languages, and on basic personality types and how they communicate, and how best to communicate with them.

The US address is:

Surprised by Hope USA
    464 Adaway SE
    Ada, MI 49301

I hope your trip goes well.

A thread with "Only in Kenya" that doesn't have that video in it? That's like one with , and not putting that video in the thread!

Comment

Enjoy your trip and don't be disappointed if you don't see any tigers there. They aren't native to that region.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Be safe Michael. Is Cindy going too?
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yes, we're both going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPtBnhehPOU

Tigers in Kenya

Comment

Originally posted by themuzicman View Post
            Yes, we're both going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPtBnhehPOU

Tigers in Kenya
            Wow. Please tell her we miss her too and be safe!
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Having just heard an African bishop from Kenya speak this past Saturday, I would love to be able to go over there and help. We have no idea how good we have it here.

Expect to be helped, yourself, in unexpected ways.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Having just heard an African bishop from Kenya speak this past Saturday, I would love to be able to go over there and help. We have no idea how good we have it here.

Expect to be helped, yourself, in unexpected ways.
                Back in the mid 90s I worked with a young man from Kenya named George (last name presently escapes me) who came from a fairly prominent banking family over there and came to the U.S. to study computer programming. He became born again and started studying to become a minister. His family was initially not pleased but thankfully became supportive. Unfortunately I lost touch with him in the early 2000s

As you said life in Kenya is a lot different than it is here and I pray that muz and his wife remain safe and accomplish much good.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I forgot to mention that we buy plane tickets in two weeks, and need our money ready in May.

Comment