Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

You Tube Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Tube Channel

I'm looking into this for my church. Our local cable provider stinks (I seriously want us to drop it but that ain't gonna happen. Too many folks like the fact that we're televised, no matter how badly...) so I want to use all those videos productively. Does anyone have experience with You Tube channels? Thoughts or suggestions?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Tons of experience here....offhand, suggestions:

1) Disable comments. Too many trolls there, and Google has fouled up the whole system with their cutsie-pie features anyway.

2) If the whole point is just so that people can watch the service...there's not much you need to do. Pretty simple process.

Feel free to PM me or ask here about whatever you like.

Comment

Yes, you can't really block people properly anymore because they can still reply to everyone on the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ukchristian28 View Post
        Yes, you can't really block people properly anymore because they can still reply to everyone on the thread.
        I find I can go to their Google Plus page and ban them fully through there. But the system still screws up too much. Right now I can't even expand replies in comments on my own channel, or reply to most of them....I have to switch to TektonSlam to do so.

Comment

Thanks JP and UK.

At this point, it's just so folks can watch the services. I'll be sure to disable comments! Ultimately, I'd like to embed on the church website and use login to control access - members could comment there.

I'm the tech-savvy one (scary, huh?) - so I REALLY don't want any complicated moderation to be necessary!

Thanks again!
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment