Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Cutting the Cable --- or, um... Satellite!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Yup. We are getting a whack of sports channels and French channels and even Spanish ones that we never watch. As well as a bunch of music channels and shopping channels, etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
    The ONLY Sports Channel I care about is Texas Aggie Sports, and my FREE Antenna picks up the A&M Channel from Bryan Texas for FREE! And it doesn't even cost any money!

And I get OLD shows like McHale's Navy, and Roy Rogers --- I forgot that Roy Rogers and Dale Evans routinely quoted scriptures in the course of their shows - and LOTS of shows without sex and violence and cussing!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I think the future of TV will be on the internet. Sort of like netflix and hulu and other services that let you watch what you want and when you want. I think broadcast and Cable TV will slowly disappear in the next 10 or so years. The networks will still exist, but they will produce shows for internet streaming instead. They already provide many full episodes on their respective sites.

Comment

Yeah!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, SO FAR, here are some of the channels I've checked out, that I get for FREE..... And my TV allows me to "add or delete" these from the channel line-up. I had almost 100 channels at one point, but already deleted some of them that just seemed "thuggish" or MTV-ish. (the first column is the channel, and the second column is the ".x" number ---- like 2.1 is the first line.

2 1 KPRC-HD KPRC Channel 2 Houston
            2 2 THIS
            3 1 KBTX-HD Bryan College Station - The CW - Aggie Game Day!!!
            3 2 CW TexasAgs
            8 1 HUHT-HD Houston Public TV - kid shows
            8 2 KUHT-SD Movies?
            8 3 KUHT-SD Spanish
            8 4 SIS Audio Only
            8 5 91.7 FM Audio Only
            11 1 KHOU-DT Channel 11 Houston
            11 2 KHOU-SD Bounce? Black?
            13 1 KTRK-HD Channel 13 Houston
            13 2 LivWell Health Channel
            13 3 Livwell-SD Health Channel
            14 1 KETH-D1 Religion?
            14 2 KETH-D2 Religion?
            14 3 KETH-D3 JUICE TV - wild Christian Music?
            14 4 KETH-D4 Spanish - Religion?
            14 5 KETH-D5 Christian Children stuff?
            20 1 KTXHDT Christian Broadcasting Network?
            20 2 Movies! Movies
            20 3 MundoFX Spanish
            22 1 KLTJ Religion?
            26 1 KRIV-DT Fox 26
            39 1 KIAH-HD CW-39
            39 2 ATV Old Situation Comedies?
            45 1 KXLN-DT Spanish
            45 2 KXLN-DT Spanish
            45 3 ESCAPE ?
            47 1 KTMD-HD Spanish
            47 2 EXITOS Spanish
            47 3 COZI OLD TV Shows - Roy Rogers,
            49 1 ION ION TV
            51 1 KYAZ-1 Azteka - Spanish
            51 2 VFTV Vietnamese
            51 3 SGN-TV Saigon TV - Vietnamese
            51 4 NTD-TV New Tang Dynasty - Chinese
            51 5 CRTV Spanish
            51 6 REVENUE shopping? Infomercials?
            51 7 VIETV Vietnamese
            55 1 KTBU Spanish
            55 2 VANTV Vietnamese
            55 3 Nacion International
            55 4 KTBU Spanish
            55 5 ITV International
            55 6 WCETV International
            57 1 KUBE-TV The KUBE - crime shows, cold cases
            57 2 WORKS The WORKS
            57 3 BYN Vietnamese Youth
            57 4 Me TV Old Shows, Dragnet, etc
            57 5
            61 1 KZIL WEIRD Mexican TV
            61 2 INMAGRA Immagration TV
            67 1 KFTH-DT Spanish
            67 2 GETTV OLD Tv Shows - McHale's Navy
            67 3 GRIT OLD shows - cowboy, war,

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              So, SO FAR, here are some of the channels I've checked out, that I get for FREE..... And my TV allows me to "add or delete" these from the channel line-up. I had almost 100 channels at one point, but already deleted some of them that just seemed "thuggish" or MTV-ish. (the first column is the channel, and the second column is the ".x" number ---- like 2.1 is the first line.
              How many of the Spanish channels are you going to watch? I usually take them off...
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                How many of the Spanish channels are you going to watch? I usually take them off...
                Yeah, I'll probably delete them.. there's one Spanish channel that has game shows, and they're the GOOFIEST shows with weird costumes and men in diapers and -- I mean WACKY!

Comment

OK, So I have my Roku set up, using the Netflix and Amazon Prime accounts I was already paying for but seldom used, and I can operate everything with just TWO remotes - the TV's own remote, and the Roku remote.

Gonna make sure Mrs. CP is happy with our choices, and if she gives the green light, I get to call DirecTV and put up with all their, "but if you stay with DirecTV, we'll give you $20 off a month from our insanely overpriced programming...."

Comment

And how is the close captioning?
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      And how is the close captioning?
                      That's entirely based on the broadcaster, and, checking several of the channels, it appears flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        The ONLY Sports Channel I care about is Texas Aggie Sports, and my FREE Antenna picks up the A&M Channel from Bryan Texas for FREE! And it doesn't even cost any money!

And I get OLD shows like McHale's Navy, and Roy Rogers --- I forgot that Roy Rogers and Dale Evans routinely quoted scriptures in the course of their shows - and LOTS of shows without sex and violence and cussing!!!!
                        Go Longhorns!

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Go Longhorns!
                          I grew up a Longhorn fan...my oldest son is an Aggie fan and my middle son is a Sooner fan and my daughter is a cheerleader for Univ. of N. Texas "Mean Green"...
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                            I grew up a Longhorn fan...my oldest son is an Aggie fan and my middle son is a Sooner fan and my daughter is a cheerleader for Univ. of N. Texas "Mean Green"...
                            What, no TCU or Baylor fans?
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Roll Tide!
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Rock chalk Jayhawk KU!
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X