Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Underrated Horror Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    I forget how it ends. Remind me again?
    It's not at the very end, but you have the whole bestiality thing going on near the end. The bad guy gets a nasty bite in a rather unpleasant area too.

Not sure, but it's possible I saw the unrated version. Maybe it's not in the normal version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      It's not at the very end, but you have the whole bestiality thing going on near the end. The bad guy gets a nasty bite in a rather unpleasant area too.

Not sure, but it's possible I saw the unrated version. Maybe it's not in the normal version.
      I don't remember that scene specifically, but I don't really remember the movie altogether other than that it was completely over the top, and pretty dang funny.

Comment

I don't remember that scene specifically, but I don't really remember the movie altogether other than that it was completely over the top, and pretty dang funny.
        The bestiality isn't explicitly shown in the movie, but the bite is.

90% of the movie was just hilarious. The gross out factor is kind of burned into my mind though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura
          Anyone remember Cliffhangers from 1979? I liked The Curse of Dracula. Of course, that might merely have been because Michael Nouri was in the title role...
          I haven't seen it either. I will look for it though.

Originally posted by Adrift
          If you've seen the V/H/S films and enjoyed them, I think you might like the ABCs of Death as well. Thing is, they're pretty long, and it gets kinda heavy after awhile. But if you don't mind that, or if you watch it with time outs its pretty good.
          Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind that. I'll check it out then. So far I haven't been steered wrong.

Sweet. Definitely on my list.
          Yeah, you should definitely see The Raid 2. It's just more of everything from the first Raid. Including the subtitles!!
          "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

They range from very decent to barely tolerable. There's some very unique stuff in them though. Some really good animation. Some really really bizarre stuff, and a lot of dumb stuff too.
            That was pretty much my take away from it. Mostly junk but a couple of good ones.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Anyone seen "As Above So Below"?

It's about a professor seeking the Philosopher's Stone in the catacombs under Paris hidden by an alchemist centuries before. The professor (who's father went mad and hung himself searching for it), her cameraman, (ex?) boyfriend and three guides set off looking for a secret chamber, get lost (of course), and end up in a section where reality gets turned upside down as they figure out the clues.

Spoiler: Half die, at least one bizarrely and it seems that the only way out has a lot to do with confessing their deepest secrets.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• [QUOTE=rogue06;232939]Anyone seen "As Above So Below"?

It's about a professor seeking the Philosopher's Stone in the catacombs under Paris hidden by an alchemist centuries before. The professor (who's father went mad and hung himself searching for it), her cameraman, (ex?) boyfriend and three guides set off looking for a secret chamber, get lost (of course), and end up in a section where reality gets turned upside down as they figure out the clues.

Spoiler: Half die, at least one bizarrely and it seems that the only way out has a lot to do with confessing their deepest secrets.

I've seen it, but I totally don't remember anything about it. I think I was half asleep when I watched it. Will have to rewatch.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Anyone seen "As Above So Below"?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8885[/ATTACH]
                  Haven't seen it. Did you like it Rogue06?

I've seen it, but I totally don't remember anything about it. I think I was half asleep when I watched it. Will have to rewatch.
                  Slacker.
                  "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                    Haven't seen it. Did you like it Rogue06?

Slacker.
                    Yes. It is definitely different and definitely bizarre.

Comment

• Black Death is sort of a horror and I liked it.
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• I skipped the last few pages, so please forgive if someone has mentioned this. There's a film coming out in 2016 called "The Witch," that looks truly extraordinary. Trailers are available online now.
                        sigpic
                        "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comment

• Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post
                          I skipped the last few pages, so please forgive if someone has mentioned this. There's a film coming out in 2016 called "The Witch," that looks truly extraordinary. Trailers are available online now.
                          For some reason it reminds me a lot of The Village (the trailers that is).

Comment

• I remember seeing a short(no pun intended) amount of Leprechaun: In the Hood, and I was laughing quite a bit. Leprechaun in Space was terrible though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              I remember seeing a short(no pun intended) amount of Leprechaun: In the Hood, and I was laughing quite a bit. Leprechaun in Space was terrible though.
                              And Leprechaun: Origins was a bit of a let down.

Comment

For some reason it reminds me a lot of The Village (the trailers that is).
                                Yes, only good!
                                sigpic
                                "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comment