Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

More Horror Movie Mischief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    That's not always so bad. Now you get to binge watch it! I think you need to go back to Vikings, and I had to take a break from Breaking Bad as well. Got to the point where it got too heavy. Hard to root for the protagonist when he's a meth dealer. I'm so glad I went back and finished it though. 4th best tv series I ever watched.
    How far did you get into Vikings? I was a couple episodes into season 3.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      How far did you get into Vikings? I was a couple episodes into season 3.
      All the way through. It's a great series. I really like Athelstan.

Comment

Watched a movie the other night where the gigantic monster kept changing sizes. At some points its between 9-10' tall and at others it is pushing nearly 20.' At one point its claws are about the size of a dagger (when a finger got lopped off) while other times it is easily as long as a short sword (when it decapitates someone).

Another thing, how come when someone is trying to get away in a car with the monster chasing them it is obvious that they're driving at around 40 mph while screaming that they're going as fast as they can (in a straightaway).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Watched a movie the other night where the gigantic monster kept changing sizes. At some points its between 9-10' tall and at others it is pushing nearly 20.' At one point its claws are about the size of a dagger (when a finger got lopped off) while other times it is easily as long as a short sword (when it decapitates someone).

Another thing, how come when someone is trying to get away in a car with the monster chasing them it is obvious that they're driving at around 40 mph while screaming that they're going as fast as they can (in a straightaway).

Because all cars in horror movies have not been tuned up since Ford was president...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

All the way through. It's a great series. I really like Athelstan.
            I liked him until he apostatized. It struck me as stupid.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Actually saw a few minutes of Sharktopus v. Whalewolf I think it actually makes the Skarknado series look intellectual.

Anywho it had a perfect example of the shrinking/growing creature. Most of the time the "whalewolf" was the size of a pony or small horse although its tail made it quite a bit longer but upon occasion (especially when it fought the "sharktopus") it was nearly as big as an 18-wheeler truck. Several times when it attacked humans its mouth was big enough to bite their head off but in one seen it towered over a wall and swallowed someone whole.

And speaking of monsters eating people... How come they never get full? Animals don't keep killing and eating things long, long after they have eaten their fill. But not in horror movies.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                I liked him until he apostatized. It struck me as stupid.
                I guess you didn't finish season 3?

Comment

I guess you didn't finish season 3?
                  Haven't had TV since January. Couldn't tell what he was by the time Ragnar was negotiating with the English guy (forget the name off hand).

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Actually saw a few minutes of Sharktopus v. Whalewolf I think it actually makes the Skarknado series look intellectual.

Anywho it had a perfect example of the shrinking/growing creature. Most of the time the "whalewolf" was the size of a pony or small horse although its tail made it quite a bit longer but upon occasion (especially when it fought the "sharktopus") it was nearly as big as an 18-wheeler truck. Several times when it attacked humans its mouth was big enough to bite their head off but in one seen it towered over a wall and swallowed someone whole.

And speaking of monsters eating people... How come they never get full? Animals don't keep killing and eating things long, long after they have eaten their fill. But not in horror movies.
                    If you had to change size every time a director changed his mind, you'd eat more, too.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Haven't had TV since January. Couldn't tell what he was by the time Ragnar was negotiating with the English guy (forget the name off hand).
                      i wont spoil it then.

Comment

Okay.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Why does the blob have such a catchy theme song?
                          sigpic

Comment

The supernatural/demonic/regenerative/next-to-impossible-to-kill thing never decides to go on a rampage in the middle of town, in a mall or in broad daylight until driven to it at the end of the film, if then.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The supernatural/demonic/regenerative/next-to-impossible-to-kill thing never decides to go on a rampage in the middle of town, in a mall or in broad daylight until driven to it at the end of the film, if then.
                              I feel that It Follows did a good job breaking away from that trope a few times, and more and more horror films are doing twists where the entity/killer shows up during daytime.

Comment

I feel that It Follows did a good job breaking away from that trope a few times, and more and more horror films are doing twists where the entity/killer shows up during daytime.
                                I think a lot of the times that the monster only comes out at night is because in low lighting it's harder to see how cheesy it looks.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X