Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

A fourth Narnia movie was announced in October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Dang, I meant publishing order.
    You may have something there. My apologies.
    I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

I'd be curious what everybody's favorites were in order.

Mine:

Silver Chair
      The Lion, the Witch, the Wardrobe
      The Last Battle
      A Horse and His Boy
      Prince Caspian
      The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
      The Magician's Nephew
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        I'd be curious what everybody's favorites were in order.

Mine:

Silver Chair
        The Lion, the Witch, the Wardrobe
        The Last Battle
        A Horse and His Boy
        Prince Caspian
        The Magician's Nephew
        The Last Battle
        The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
        Prince Caspian
        Silver Chair
        The Magician's Nephew
        A Horse and His Boy
        I am Punkinhead.

Comment

The first movie was very similar to the book, with the exception of a few well publicized nit-picks. Prince Caspian had whole scenes made up, and Dawn Treader was attrociously far from the book. I hope they get back with Silver Chair to how LWW was made mostly true to the story line.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            The first movie was very similar to the book, with the exception of a few well publicized nit-picks. Prince Caspian had whole scenes made up, and Dawn Treader was attrociously far from the book. I hope they get back with Silver Chair to how LWW was made mostly true to the story line.
            Since Disney is no longer involved, I'm fairly optimistic that will be the case. We'll see.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Disney's not involved? (Hallelujah music)
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by desertberean View Post
                disney's not involved? (hallelujah music)
                amen!!!!!!!!!
                I am Punkinhead.

Comment

I'm looking forward to it. The Silver Chair was coincidently the first one I ever read.

Hopefully it gets filmed here again.
                  Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                  1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                  -Ben Witherington III

Comment

If it does i want sneak photos.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I avoided the Dawn Treader movie because I was worried that they'd butcher it too much. Wasn't too fond of some things they did even in the first, and especially their liberties in the second. If they really will get back on track with The Silver Chair, I'll certainly watch it, even if it isn't my favorite Narnia. I'll especially hope that they do the ending scene of the book correctly.

As for favorites, A Horse and His Boy is by far my favorite one. Don't really have much of an order for the other books, except that The Silver Chair is low.

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                        The Silver Chair? No, it's the sixth.

The Magician's Nephew
                        The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe
                        The Horse and His Boy
                        Prince Caspian
                        Voyage of the Dawn Treader
                        The Silver Chair
                        The Last Battle
                        actually it is the 4th book C.S lewis wrote.

the list by DesertBerean is in order of when they were written and published
                        the list by Ke7ejx is the chronilogical list.

C.S Lewis actually wanted folks to read the books in the order he wrote them.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                          actually it is the 4th book C.S lewis wrote.

the list by DesertBerean is in order of when they were written and published
                          the list by Ke7ejx is the chronilogical list.

C.S Lewis actually wanted folks to read the books in the order he wrote them.
                          He did once reply to a letter from a boy who was proposing the chronological order, and the letter said that he agreed. However, I suspect he was just being polite.

Comment

I want to be excited about this, but after the marring of Prince Caspian and mangling Dawn Treader, I'm finding it hard to get exited about the prospect of getting my hopes whizzed on yet again.

(They at least got Eustace's redemption right in DT, which was a very high point in an otherwise complete butchering of the book)

Comment

Originally posted by Rayado View Post
                              I want to be excited about this, but after the marring of Prince Caspian and mangling Dawn Treader, I'm finding it hard to get exited about the prospect of getting my hopes whizzed on yet again.

(They at least got Eustace's redemption right in DT, which was a very high point in an otherwise complete butchering of the book)
                              The good news is that the company that destroyed Dawn Treader is not involved in Silver Chair.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

A big part of me isn't sure about whether I even want The Last Battle to be made. I make no secret about the fact that I have a problem with the Emeth chapter and I have no doubt Hollywood would make it a huge focus. (In fact, I'm really surprised that most evangelicals don't know about Lewis's inclusivism, which he explicitly stated in writing and which comes across in The Last Battle and The Great Divorce).

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X