Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The Obscure Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    Yeah....

I have the distinction of being one of the (likely few) people that made it all the way through the first one.
    Me too

I can safely say that it's the very best sharks-in-a-tornado movie I've ever seen.
    As well as the worst.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Me too
      Awesome!

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      As well as the worst.
      I agree completely.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Awesome!

I agree completely.
        I rank it right "up" there with the 60s movie Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Zatōichi the 2003 version

Comment

Just finished watching this one: Sabata

And returning to really bad obscure movies...

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              The worst movie I ever saw was called Biker Zombies from Detroit. I rented it a few years ago and watched it during an overnight shift. Here's how you know it was bad:

1) The title
              2) The movie was inconsistent with what the name of the title character was
              3) During the climactic scene, the biker zombies obeyed traffic laws, suggesting they couldn't afford a filming permit
              4) The movie just sort of ends out of nowhere, making me wonder if they suddenly ran out of money
              I'm hoping the reason you rented it in the first place is alcohol related.
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                I'm hoping the reason you rented it in the first place is alcohol related.
                Sadly, no. Morbid curiosity.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  Sadly, no. Morbid curiosity.
                  Enough to pay good money to satisfy it

Of course, I actually paid to see this: The Adventures of Pluto Nash

Comment

Nuts in May - An obscure little gem that was broadcasted on the BBC's Play for Today. This film is both hilarious as it is confronting.

Comment

1929's Atlantic.
                      Oh, the hammy acting!

Comment

OK, Iron Sky and Sharknado sound absolutely stupidly hilarious; at least, the concepts do. The Santa Claus Martian one does too, but the wiki article reads like it wouldn't be as funny to watch as the other two.

I have no obscure movie to contribute off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Some Dude View Post
                          OK, Iron Sky and Sharknado sound absolutely stupidly hilarious; at least, the concepts do. The Santa Claus Martian one does too, but the wiki article reads like it wouldn't be as funny to watch as the other two.

I have no obscure movie to contribute off the top of my head.
                          I can't tell you whether or not you should watch Sharknado, but...oh, what the heck. Go watch Sharknado.

Comment

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale -- An evil Santa Claus movie with a surprisingly creepy first half and a completely off-the-rails goofy second half. Seriously, the shift in tone felt like two different movies, but it's worth a watch just for the effectiveness of the first half.

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101659/

It has awesome cinematography and Peter O'Toole gives one of his best performances here.

Comment

Hot Rod -- I'm not sure how actually obscure this movie is, but it's worth mentioning. It's stupid (I mean really stupid), but I think it's hilarious. It's about a stunt man and his crew.

"Balls, man! I think we just ran over a small bus."

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X