Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The General Anime/Manga Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started watching Attack on Titan. Pretty cool stuff so far, though as a newcomer to the general animation style of anime it's going to take a bit of getting used to.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      I started watching Attack on Titan. Pretty cool stuff so far, though as a newcomer to the general animation style of anime it's going to take a bit of getting used to.
      My earliest anime experience was "Flying House".

Despite it being poor in comparison to other anime, I've liked the art style since.

Comment

• The new opening for Akatsuki no Yona (Yona of the Dawn) is a bit different from the first one, to say the least:

Cyntia - Akatsuki no Hana

Comment

• And here's the first one for comparison:

Kunihiko Ryo - Akatsuki no Yona

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post

Here's to hoping I haven't overhyped the show to the point where you'll end up disappointed with it.
            I'm usually immune to that sort of thing.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Man, reading this thread, I feel weird... I just finished watching Cowboy Bebop today (loved the series, by the by).

Which reminds me... I need to finish watching Soul Eater.
              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                Man, reading this thread, I feel weird... I just finished watching Cowboy Bebop today (loved the series, by the by).

Which reminds me... I need to finish watching Soul Eater.
                Probably a good idea considering your avatar.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Eight days till Origin I.
                  The animation is beautiful.

Comment

• Apparently there will be an anime series sequel to dragonball Z/Kai named Dragonball Super. It will feature an original story by Akira Toriyama himself.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1378143&show=0 (It's a forum thread, so beware of language in the comments. I haven't actually read through the whole thread myself, so I have no idea if there's any swearing/inappropriate language.)

I don't care if the show is going to suck or if they're just milking the franchise, I'm going to watch the whole thing because it's Dragonball.

ETA: And apparently it picks up after the Majin Buu saga, which means that the abomination that is GT is pretty much retconned away.

ETA2: Here's yet another link: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/04/28...nced-for-2015/ (As always, there could be inappropriate language in the comment section, your own responsibility if you click, yada yada...)
                    Last edited by JonathanL; 04-29-2015, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                      Apparently there will be an anime series sequel to dragonball Z/Kai named Dragonball Super. It will feature an original story by Akira Toriyama himself.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1378143&show=0 (It's a forum thread, so beware of language in the comments. I haven't actually read through the whole thread myself, so I have no idea if there's any swearing/inappropriate language.)

I don't care if the show is going to suck or if they're just milking the franchise, I'm going to watch the whole thing because it's Dragonball.

ETA: And apparently it picks up after the Majin Buu saga, which means that the abomination that is GT is pretty much retconned away.

ETA2: Here's yet another link: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/04/28...nced-for-2015/ (As always, there could be inappropriate language in the comment section, your own responsibility if you click, yada yada...)
                      I haven't seen kai because I heard it's a remake but I've never checked for myself
                      "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                      "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                      Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                        I haven't seen kai because I heard it's a remake but I've never checked for myself
                        It's basically the old show with all the annoying filler removed.
                        Last edited by JonathanL; 04-29-2015, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• I started HunterxHunter. Eh, not impressed thus far but not bored, either.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            I started HunterxHunter. Eh, not impressed thus far but not bored, either.
                            Just give it time.

ETA: Is it the manga or anime, and what episode/chapter are you on, btw?
                            Last edited by JonathanL; 05-10-2015, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• manga. 10.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                I started HunterxHunter. Eh, not impressed thus far but not bored, either.
                                Bleach is better.
                                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X