Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The General Anime/Manga Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
    Why U NO WATCH TOKATSU?
    Tokatsu?

I tried searching for it on myanimelist.net, nothing came up. Are you sure you spelt it correctly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      Tokatsu?

I tried searching for it on myanimelist.net, nothing came up. Are you sure you spelt it correctly?
      IIRC that is a genre rather than a specific program.

I just started Akame ga Kill

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        IIRC that is a genre rather than a specific program.

I just started Akame ga Kill
        I tried searching for tokatsu on google. Apparently it thinks I was trying to search for tokusatsu. I seriously doubt that was what Irate Canadian was talking about.

I've watched about 10(ish) episodes of Akame ga Kill, I really need to finish it. Funny thing how I have countless series that are only half finished.

Comment

I tried searching for tokatsu on google. Apparently it thinks I was trying to search for tokusatsu. I seriously doubt that was what Irate Canadian was talking about.
          One can never be sure what a Canuckistani is talking about. Especially an irate one.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Time for a bump.

So, what animes are you guys currently following? The animes I've watched this recent season and enjoyed are:

Parasyte - the Maxim (Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu) - Probably the best anime of the recent (Fall 2014) season. And it's going to continue into the Winter 2015 season, which is good.

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - Haven't actually watched more than the first 3 episodes, but I've liked what I've seen so far

Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle - The continuation of a series that began in Spring 2014

Log Horizon 2

Animes I'm anticipating right now:

Durarara!!x2 Shou - Have to watch the season 1 first though

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2 This series is so over the top with the voice acting that you can't help but love it. Well, the japanese version atleast; the snippets of the dub from Stardust Crusaders (the previous season) that I could find, while not terrible, didn't even come close to the over the top voice acting of the original japanese cast.

Tokyo Ghoul √A - Will probably turn out to be the best anime of Winter 2015. I'm also looking forward to seeing whether or not Kaneki will continue to be as badass as he was in the end of the first season.

That's about it. Here's an OST from Parasyte to close it off:

Parasyte - Next to You

Oh and before I forget. Teallaura have you begun reading Hiatus x Hiatus yet?

? I thought it was Hunter x Hunter - and no.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              One can never be sure what a Canuckistani is talking about. Especially an irate one.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagasarete_Airantou

It's the piglet.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Tokatsu?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokusatsu
                "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                I support the :
                sigpic

Comment

Evidently, no, he didn't spell it correctly.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    ? I thought it was Hunter x Hunter - and no.
                    It is. Hiatus x Hiatus is what fans of the manga jokingly call it due to the fact that it frequently goes on hiatus due to the author's back problems (or atleast that's what the current hiatus is about, not so sure about the other ones).

Comment

Eh, right.

I don't think Tokusatsu is an anime genre though, so I'm not sure why I would have mentioned it in my post, even if I did watch tokusatsu films (which I don't).

Comment

Parasyte - the Maxim (Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu) - Probably the best anime of the recent (Fall 2014) season. And it's going to continue into the Winter 2015 season, which is good.
                        Tokyo Ghoul √A - Will probably turn out to be the best anime of Winter 2015. I'm also looking forward to seeing whether or not Kaneki will continue to be as badass as he was in the end of the first season.
                        Following these too.

Also following:

Yowamushi Pedal (I follow pretty much every sports anime I can find)
                        Akatsuki no Yona (Teal, you should check this one out, it's right up your alley)
                        Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
                        TerraFormars (first season just ended, some of the early episodes are censored which completely ruin it)
                        Ace of Diamond (also just ended for now I think)
                        Cross Ange (probably not tweb friendly with all the fan service).

Aside from Tokyo Ghoul I'm also looking forward to Aldnoah Zero and Kuroko's Basketball in 2015. And while I liked Tokyo Ghoul I doubt it'll be better than either of these.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          Following these too.

Also following:

Yowamushi Pedal (I follow pretty much every sports anime I can find)
                          Akatsuki no Yona (Teal, you should check this one out, it's right up your alley)
                          Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
                          TerraFormars (first season just ended, some of the early episodes are censored which completely ruin it)
                          Ace of Diamond (also just ended for now I think)
                          Cross Ange (probably not tweb friendly with all the fan service).

Aside from Tokyo Ghoul I'm also looking forward to Aldnoah Zero and Kuroko's Basketball in 2015. And while I liked Tokyo Ghoul I doubt it'll be better than either of these.

I'm thinking about taking these up as well. My brother recommended Shigatsu and Terra Formars to me, but I haven't gotten around to watching them yet. Aldnoah Zero is created by Urobuchi, right? I definitely have to check it out then. Only sports anime I've liked so far is Major, although I'm thinking about watching atleast Ace of Diamond, and perhaps Kuroko's Basketball, at some point in time.

Comment

• Kuroko's an excellent anime regardless of it being a sports anime. The basketball "games" are just as much battles as they are sports. It's just as over the top (though in a different style) as Eyeshield 21 (another good sports anime, though the jokes started getting kinda repetitive halfway through). No idea who created Aldnoah Zero but it's good. Ace of Diamond is ok. Not bad but not that great. Really didn't like the ending (though presumably it's not the final ending, just the season ending as I believe the manga's still ongoing).
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              Kuroko's an excellent anime regardless of it being a sports anime. The basketball "games" are just as much battles as they are sports. It's just as over the top (though in a different style) as Eyeshield 21 (another good sports anime, though the jokes started getting kinda repetitive halfway through). No idea who created Aldnoah Zero but it's good. Ace of Diamond is ok. Not bad but not that great. Really didn't like the ending (though presumably it's not the final ending, just the season ending as I believe the manga's still ongoing).
                              I think I'll start watching Kuroko's as soon as I can access crunchyroll again.

Comment

Eh, right.

I don't think Tokusatsu is an anime genre though, so I'm not sure why I would have mentioned it in my post, even if I did watch tokusatsu films (which I don't).
                                You didn't - IC did then you asked if he spelled it right which he didn't.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X