Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    According to this article, Oil prices are expected to stay fairly steady at around $55/barrel with a slow rise over the next 5 years to $73/barrel.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/09/news...+(Economy+News)
    Remind me what we thought was the sweet spot for Texas?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Remind me what we thought was the sweet spot for Texas?
      Probably around $70? IIRC
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Up to $2.17 today

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Job cuts have increased dramatically just in the last month up approx. 40%:

Source: CNBC

The rise in pink slips at oil-related enterprises sent overall job cuts in January soaring 40 percent from the previous month, to a nearly two-year high, Challenger, Gray & Christmas reported last week. The firm attributed 21,322 layoffs last month to falling crude prices, compared with 14,262 total cuts in 2014.

© Copyright Original Source

Linky
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Yeah, I've see prices today slightly North of two bucks.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              Ah. blame it on Global Warming

How come every time the globe warms up it gets colder?
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                According to this article, Oil prices are expected to stay fairly steady at around $55/barrel with a slow rise over the next 5 years to $73/barrel.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/09/news...+(Economy+News)
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Been like $2.20 around here. But diesel is almost $3/gallon. I'd complain, but I remember $4.68 too well.
                  No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

• $1.95 to $2.05 pretty consistently the last few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      $1.95 to $2.05 pretty consistently the last few days.
                      $2.149 to $2.249 around here.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Just paid 1.889 per gallon (40 cents off with Kroger points)

Filled up for less than $25!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Just paid 1.889 per gallon (40 cents off with Kroger points)

Filled up for less than $25!!
                          Gas is now averaging between $2.209 and $2.299.

Comment

• Back down to $2.05 here.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Paid $2.089 yesterday...but according to this article, the low prices have cost approx. 100,000 jobs so far...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...cuts/70683670/

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X