Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Gas has been back to over $2/gallon for over a week
    Been hovering just under $2.00 here - Even Walmart is up to $1.87.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• I hate it that more stations are advertising their "cash price", and their credit card price is about ten cents higher. I think this is mostly Chevron, and some Exxons.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I hate it that more stations are advertising their "cash price", and their credit card price is about ten cents higher. I think this is mostly Chevron, and some Exxons.
          The Safeway in town has taken to doing that.

The Shell-branded quik-mart across the street promptly put up a sign saying "same low price cash or credit" - and they typically beat the Safeway a bit in price too.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            The Safeway in town has taken to doing that.

The Shell-branded quik-mart across the street promptly put up a sign saying "same low price cash or credit" - and they typically beat the Safeway a bit in price too.
            Yeah, I've seen that same "same low price cash or credit" thing as an obvious response to this trickery and deceit of having a HUGE PRICE and a tiny little "cash price" disclaimer.

There outta be a law!

Comment

• I got it at $1.91 while in Montgomery over the weekend but it's $2.09 here.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I hate it that more stations are advertising their "cash price", and their credit card price is about ten cents higher. I think this is mostly Chevron, and some Exxons.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Seriously? I'll have to check - pretty sure it's a 10 cent difference.

Comment

Seriously? I'll have to check - pretty sure it's a 10 cent difference.
                    Not here. The gas station less than a half mile from where I live has been doing it for years. And a Stop and Go not far from work has been doing it since last summer (or maybe spring).

I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

Not here. The gas station less than a half mile from where I live has been doing it for years. And a Stop and Go not far from work has been doing it since last summer (or maybe spring).
                      Where I see it, the difference is usually about 10 cents. Credit costs the seller a 3.5% surcharge, IIRC.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Ah, so it's probably the "boil a frog in water" thing! They're just "easing up" to the 10 cent difference.

Comment

• I guess the Fuhrer was feeling our lives were getting a little too comfortable...

Comment

• It might be a 'we just had a blizzard up North' thing - fuel oil, you know.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              It might be a 'we just had a blizzard up North' thing - fuel oil, you know.

Ah. blame it on Global Warming

Comment

• According to this article, Oil prices are expected to stay fairly steady at around $55/barrel with a slow rise over the next 5 years to $73/barrel.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/09/news...+(Economy+News)
                                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X