Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
    why do they even have the term 'self-service' station? It is not like anyone is going to just happen to be there to help put gas in your car.
    Full service stations still exist

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      In some states (e.g., NJ), stations are required to be full service.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        In some states (e.g., NJ), stations are required to be full service.
        The majority of "gas stations" around here are just convenience stores that have a couple to a bunch of gas pumps out front

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The majority of "gas stations" around here are just convenience stores that have a couple to a bunch of gas pumps out front
          From what I gather, selling gas is pretty marginal profit-wise; the store is where they make the money, but the pumps are a convenient excuse to stop.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Anywhere from 1.96 to 2.08 here.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• $1.74 this morning with my 13 cent fuel discount.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

From what I gather, selling gas is pretty marginal profit-wise; the store is where they make the money, but the pumps are a convenient excuse to stop.
                Pretty much. They'll make a penny or two per gallon and hope you grab a drink, munchies, cigarettes... since you already stopped.

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

Pretty much. They'll make a penny or two per gallon and hope you grab a drink, munchies, cigarettes... since you already stopped.
                    doesnt work so well as it used to because of the pay at the pump. Used to have to go inside to pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                      Obama says, "You're Welcome."
                      For what? The Saudi royal family deciding to destroy the U.S. shale oil business by dropping the price of oil?

Comment

Wow. I thought if we were going to speak of mythology we would speak of it regarding California -- a mythical Island inhabited by Amazonian-like women with gold tools.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                          Wow. I thought if we were going to speak of mythology we would speak of it regarding California -- a mythical Island inhabited by Amazonian-like women with gold tools.
                          There is a full service station at the intersection closest to where I used to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                            Gas is 5$ over here.
                            Out of curiosity, do ya'll buy it by the gallon or liter?
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              Out of curiosity, do ya'll buy it by the gallon or liter?
                              Almost certainly, by the liter. Few other countries use the US gallon as a unit of measure. We're big enough that we can get away with doing things our way.
                              sigpic

Comment

Almost certainly, by the liter. Few other countries use the US gallon as a unit of measure. We're big enough that we can get away with doing things our way.
                                I suppose so. But that means what, nearly $20 a gallon? Bit less, liter being bigger than a quart. But still...
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment