Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Weren't open? You mean there are still gas stations out there where you can't get gas 24/7/365? Does Goober work there?
    The Krogers gas station opens at 6 AM as does the mom and pop convenience store gas station (actually now owned by two, maybe three brothers). I was going through at 3:30 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But it was like a blast from the past - I remember, of course, when virtually ALL service stations were "closed" at night. AND, they used to check your oil and clean your windshield, hence... "service"!
      And checked your tires. Funny how they always told you that you were half a quart low on oil even if you had your oil changed the day before.

Oh yes, they also handed out trading stamps as well (let the young'uns figure out what those were).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        And checked your tires. Funny how they always told you that you were half a quart low on oil even if you had your oil changed the day before.
        On Andy Griffith one time, there was a "wise guy" who was trying to teach Goober how to check oil in such a manner that the customer can watch, but it will always be a quart low - by making sure your thumb blocked the dip stick from seating in the tube.

Oh yes, they also handed out trading stamps as well (let the young'uns figure out what those were).
        And they had penny peanut machines and 10 cent coke machines! Oh, and PISTACHIOS!!!!!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          I came across one sometime ago that wasn't open. Not sure if that was normal. But a lot of times they close up for maintenance...once we saw all stations belonging to a company shut down due to being taken over and reno'd by another company.
          Of the 5 gas stations in the center of town, only one of them is open 24/7.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Jumped from $1.42 to $1.58 just this morning

Comment

And they had penny peanut machines and 10 cent coke machines! Oh, and PISTACHIOS!!!!!
              But the cokes back then only held a swallow or three (12 oz bottles were called King Size)

Comment

But the cokes back then only held a swallow or three (12 oz bottles were called King Size)
                Yeah, but them thar 6 or 7 oz cokes just tasted better!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I pumped gas and washed windows and checked oil from the time I was 12 working summers at my Dad's gas station. Never checked tires, though.

And never told anybody they were a quart low when they weren't!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I love pistachios, but when I can get peanuts in the shell for $1/lb. on sale vs. $9/lb. for pistachios, my wallet says to get peanuts.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      Of the 5 gas stations in the center of town, only one of them is open 24/7.
                      Only two in my town stay open all night.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                        Jumped from $1.42 to $1.58 just this morning
                        Couple of days ago went from $1.44 to $1.55...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

And most of the product was glass...

cokebottleglasses.jpg

Comment

• Now up to $1.88

Comment

• Buck seventy-nine

Comment

• Now in the mid $1.90s.

Sure took a long time to drop from $2 to just over $1.50 around here but it looks like it will only take a couple weeks to go back up over $2.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X