Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    It's been sitting at well over NZ$2 per litre.
    I guess that you're pretty much in the same situation as Hawaii. No local source of petroleum and all of it has to be shipped in (literally). Right now the national average here in the U.S. is about $1.90/gallon whereas in Hawaii it is $2.63.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I guess that you're pretty much in the same situation as Hawaii. No local source of petroleum and all of it has to be shipped in (literally). Right now the national average here in the U.S. is about $1.90/gallon whereas in Hawaii it is $2.63.
      The greenies pitch a fit every time the oil companies want to do any prospecting around us. They speculate we could be sitting on a fair bit of oil. but whenever the survey ships are due to go out, we get protestors, in their plastic kayaks, wearing their plastic safety gear, with their plastic signs, have flown down for the protest, being idiots.

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2015/12/an...their-protest/
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

The greenies pitch a fit every time the oil companies want to do any prospecting around us. They speculate we could be sitting on a fair bit of oil. but whenever the survey ships are due to go out, we get protestors, in their plastic kayaks, wearing their plastic safety gear, with their plastic signs, have flown down for the protest, being idiots.

do they realize that plastic is made from petroleum?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          do they realize that plastic is made from petroleum?
          They're greenies, so probably not.
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Ironic
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Here in Barstow, CA it's ranging between 2.66 to 3.60/gallon, so I guess we feel Hawaii's pain.

I looked up the gallon to liter ratio. 3.785 liters... at $2 per liter, that's, UGH!

Comment

• Just saw a headline that the price gas dropped to 47 cents per gallon in some town in Michigan over the weekend.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michigan-ga...ry?id=36358859
                אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                  I looked up the gallon to liter ratio. 3.785 liters... at $2 per liter, that's, UGH!
                  ....never mind, old news.

Comment

• $1.53 here

Of course, $27 / barrel oil is fueling fears of deflation.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• $1.39 at Shell - strange, because all the other gas stations were $1.59 on that stretch of highway - they're usually either the same, or only pennies apart.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Still $1.74 around here

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Best price I've seen around here is around $1.47.
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Just saw several stations with it at $1.68 in the southern part of the county earlier this morning.

Comment

Just saw several stations with it at $1.68 in the southern part of the county earlier this morning.
                              But are you getting / expecting snow?
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                But are you getting / expecting snow?
                                Not really. Up north in the mountains but not here. In fact it is warmer today than it has been all week.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X