Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Bitcoin versus other monies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

One: maybe because the companies that sold Crypto took the money and invested in the stock market. When their investments went down, it took the value of the crypto with it.

Two: maybe the financial world is now so intertwined that there is no investment independent of the stock market anymore. I've got suspicious of any investment that claims to be independent of the stock market.
    You are probably right. Anyone investing big in crypto would also be someone who invests big in the stock market. So if they lose money in the stock market, they might sell off their cryto to cover the loss and vice versa, causing jumps in crypto that follow the stock market. Or something like that.

Comment

I have been watching the crypto news and it's not good. Investigations, bankruptcies, and businesses warning of potential for failure. I can agree with the statement that we are in "crypto winter."

Beyond you have some money to gamble with in the hopes of a high return, is there a reason to invest in crypto at this time?
      The crypto world is getting worse.

Repeating my question, is there a reason to invest in crypto at this time?

Second, is there a reason to stay invested in crypto at this time?
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

The crypto world is getting worse.

Repeating my question, is there a reason to invest in crypto at this time?

Second, is there a reason to stay invested in crypto at this time?
        1. maybe, It could be a bargain if cryto goes back up when the stock market gets back on track
        2. yes, because if you bought into when it was high, if you sell now you are throwing money away by selling now. Better to just keep it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

1. maybe, It could be a bargain if cryto goes back up when the stock market gets back on track
          2. yes, because if you bought into when it was high, if you sell now you are throwing money away by selling now. Better to just keep it.
          The first to my mind is a big "if". I guess if you believe crypto is here to stay, buying at some point makes sense. I guess it would depend on when you think crypto is bouncing on the bottom.

If you believe crypto is a fad that is going to fade / disappear then you're just increasing your losses. I guess it won't disappear, yet I don't think will bounce back to be as widespread as it was. I think it was more of a fad than people want to admit and will follow what happens when the fad breaks - prices fall.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

The first to my mind is a big "if". I guess if you believe crypto is here to stay, buying at some point makes sense. I guess it would depend on when you think crypto is bouncing on the bottom.

If you believe crypto is a fad that is going to fade / disappear then you're just increasing your losses. I guess it won't disappear, yet I don't think will bounce back to be as widespread as it was. I think it was more of a fad than people want to admit and will follow what happens when the fad breaks - prices fall.
            I think crypto is here to stay. Now NFTs, I think that is more of a fad. Paying to "own" some digital trading card or picture? Sounds like beanie babies to me.

Comment