Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary and classified emails -- the latest twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary and classified emails -- the latest twist

In spite of earlier protests that none of her emails contained classified material recent revelations that at a minimum 1340 documents did indeed contain classified material. Still her supporters argue that they were classified afterwards, but new evidence shows that this was not always the case. In at least one document Hillary directly instructs one of her aides to remove such markings from classified data to make it easier to send through a non-secure channel.

Source: Whoa: Hillary e-mail instructs aide to transmit classified data without markings

Has the State Department released a smoking gun in the Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal? In a thread from June 2011, Hillary exchanges e-mails with Jake Sullivan, then her deputy chief of staff and now her campaign foreign-policy adviser, in which she impatiently waits for a set of talking points. When Sullivan tells her that the source is having trouble with the secure fax, Hillary then orders Sullivan to have the data stripped of its markings and sent through a non-secure channel.

That should be game, set, and match, yes?

hillary-e-mail2.jpgalso noticed the e-mail

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The article continues at the link above including a review of "the relevant criminal statutes again in this case, such as 18 USC 793" and has a few updates.

Both ABC and NBC have dutifully ignored all of this so far while over on CBS This Morning, co-host Charlie Rose spent all of 19 seconds out of two hours (minus commercials) of air time on the topic, saying that,

A graphic on the screen also notes that "66 upgraded to classified" and that 1 was at secret level.

But Rose managed to leave out the detail that in one of them Hillary was clearly coaching one of her advisers on how to send secure information outside secure channels.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wow.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Talking points. As in, stuff she's getting ready to say in public.

Y'all are really reaching on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

From Rogues link:

Comment

I don't care if it's a Dilbert cartoon - she can't just order the headers to be stripped.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              I don't care if it's a Dilbert cartoon - she can't just order the headers to be stripped.
              Wanna bet?

Comment

Wanna bet?

Yes, we are talking about the Clinton's who have always regarded laws as little more than vague suggestions to be ignored if expedient. It isn't like they're the only politicians (from both sides of the aisle) with this attitude but one has to admire just how openly they wear their disdain for it.

If you're even slightly familiar with what is all involved with classifying any document you wouldn't doubt for the moment that if you, I or anyone else had done what her email indicates, our best bet would be to get a lawyer who specializes in making deals with the federal government in hopes of minimizing the upcoming damage. And by damage I don't mean "bad press," but rather how long and where we will serve our sentence and what assets would be spared from forfeiture to pay the fine leveled.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

BTW what is Hot air? is it a reliable source? I'm asking cause you know....can't believe everything you see on teh interwebz. People can publish anything they want and it can appear legit.
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                    BTW what is Hot air? is it a reliable source? I'm asking cause you know....can't believe everything you see on teh interwebz. People can publish anything they want and it can appear legit.
                    The documents that they provide images of come from Smoking Gun which is regarded by all sides as largely reliable (and the documents pretty much speak for themselves).

But if you prefer, here is an account from CBS:

Source: In email, Hillary Clinton tells aide to send talking points "nonsecure"

To comply with a court-ordered goal, the State Department made public about 3,000 pages of emails from Hillary Clinton's private server early Friday morning, including 66 messages that were later marked "classified" on some level.

On the campaign trail, the presidential candidate has insisted that no classified information was sent or received through her private email server.

But in one email exchange between Clinton and staffer Jake Sullivan from June 17, 2011, the then-secretary advised her aide on sending a set of talking points by email when he had trouble sending them through secure means.

Part of the exchange is redacted, so the context of the emails is unknown, but at one point, Sullivan tells Clinton that aides "say they've had issues sending secure fax. They're working on it."

Clinton responds, "If they can't, turn into nonpaper w no identifying heading and send nonsecure."

They note that the State Department is now saying that a review shows that the document in question was sent "apparently by secure fax, after all," and was never sent to her by email but the point is that Hillary is instructing one of her aides how to circumvent security and send classified material via unsecured means.

Comment

David Petreus' life and career was ruined over much, much less, and even some in the intelligence community think he got off lightly. If it was anybody but Hillary, she would have been thrown into jail months ago.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Curiouser and curiouser...
                        Source: hotair

in addition to the focus on classified material

That's some pretty significant resources.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          David Petreus' life and career was ruined over much, much less, and even some in the intelligence community think he got off lightly. If it was anybody but Hillary, she would have been thrown into jail months ago.
                          I work with Information Assurance for the Army. How she is getting away with this for this long, no one I know at work can explain. She should be in jail if they actually followed proper procedures.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            I work with Information Assurance for the Army. How she is getting away with this for this long, no one I know at work can explain. She should be in jail if they actually followed proper procedures.
                            The Dems know that would be catastrophic for their party, the Repubs don't have the intestinal fortitude to do anything about it but hold hearings, and the MSM is in her back pocket.

I would love for any of the liberals here to even try to suggest a Republican could get away with what Hillary has.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              The Dems know that would be catastrophic for their party, the Repubs don't have the intestinal fortitude to do anything about it but hold hearings, and the MSM is in her back pocket.

I would love for any of the liberals here to even try to suggest a Republican could get away with what Hillary has.
                              I've always been curious by what "intestinal fortitude" means because I've heard this from others using it to explain the Reps and their complacency. Wouldn't it benefit the Reps and their party greatly to go after her? They went after Bill for much less, so why don't they have the intestinal fortitude to go after her for this? I guess what I'm saying is what you think they have to lose going after her?
                              Last edited by seanD; 01-12-2016, 07:30 PM.

Comment