Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

California Gun Law Will Let Police Confiscate Legally-Owned Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Well, normally I'd agree with you, but when it comes to profanity there seems to be a trend. Once a word becomes commonly used in a profane way, it becomes profanity. That seems to be happening with the word jackass. Likely will continue until the end of time.
    Since Jichard was making such an issue of it, I actually stopped using it in threads. I haven't used it all year!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jichard View Post
      Once again: feel free to run along, or follow Cow Poke in hurling obscenities. I personally don't mind which, since I don't take you seriously. Or you can stop being intellectually lazy, read the bill, and have something of substance to say (for once).
      In other words, you have no idea what my position on this issue is, but could care less because you're hatred is in control of you. You don't bother to figure out my position, you don't bother to try try to figure out shades of gray between your position and others, and you don't bother to figure out anything about your opponents or their beliefs, opinions, or feelings on this issue because you don't care, they said things against you and therefore are the enemy (I haven't said a word about what my position on this issue is, but that doesn't seem to have stopped you from trying to lump me into your 'enemy' and making up words to shove down my throat vs actually trying to figure out what my position, on this issue, might actually be). If they do not 100% absolutely agree with you, on everything; they are against The TroothTM and therefore must be burned at the stake. Yep, you make even the worst of the inquisitions look like nothing because at least they allowed some divergent in views and opinions and actually took some time to get to the truth. You don't even bother to do that. Sorry, but I don't care if you 'take me seriously or not' since virtually nobody takes you seriously at all. It says something, when you unite people who are at odds against one another and might even agree with you, against you, but your basic lack of self awareness prevents you from seeing this basic fact of reality. Why is it that atheist and Christians, conservatives and liberals, scientist and laymen, have made it a point to say something against you and even those, who might agree with you, have taken their time to distance themselves from you?
      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-06-2016, 06:24 PM.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Jichard View Post
        He does hurl obscenities on other threads. Like lilpixie (and many elementary school children) he has a fondness for the term "jackass".
        I wasn't aware, that a word found in the Disney Classic Pinocchio and other such children productions, could be considered an 'obscene' and this comes from somebody who is incapable of getting along with anybody that doesn't bow before him. You're total and complete lack of basic self awareness is noted.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          I wasn't aware, that a word found in the Disney Classic Pinocchio and other such children productions, could be considered an 'obscene' and this comes from somebody who is incapable of getting along with anybody that doesn't bow before him. You're total and complete lack of basic self awareness is noted.
          Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          Well, to be fair, it's not exactly uncommon for people to think that. In fact, it was just within the past few years that Kingdom Hearts 3D came out. They censored one of Jiminy Cricket's lines from Pinocchio. They changed "jackass" to "jackamule".
          Looks like public opinion has changed quite a bit since that movie was released.

Comment