Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ted Cruz Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Cruz Ad

Maybe traditional values voters are getting sick of this pose, and that's why Trump is so popular. Trump says he's a Christian, but I don't see him ever putting on such a show. He says he's an evangelical with an obvious wink and a smile, whereas guys like Cruz and Carson try way too hard to concoct and contrive their holiness.
    Last edited by Raphael; 12-08-2015, 02:51 AM. Reason: embedding video

Originally posted by whag View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO_MkcZh-VY

Maybe traditional values voters are getting sick of this pose, and that's why Trump is so popular. Trump says he's a Christian, but I don't see him ever putting on such a show. He says he's an evangelical with an obvious wink and a smile, whereas guys like Cruz and Carson try way too hard to concoct and contrive their holiness.
    Ummm... you might need to work on your timing when you tell jokes.

Poll: Cruz surges ahead of Trump and Carson in Iowa

(And I'm no Cruz fan, even though I personally know his dad )
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Ummm... you might need to work on your timing when you tell jokes.

Poll: Cruz surges ahead of Trump and Carson in Iowa

(And I'm no Cruz fan, even though I personally know his dad )
      Cruz told the joke, not I. =) Why are you no fan of his?

Comment

Cruz told the joke, not I. =)

Why are you no fan of his?
        For no good reason. Just that he always looks like a sad puppydog and he has a whiny voice.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Cruz is a NEEEEEERD but much more genuine when he's doing movie impressions:

Donald Trump is the embodiment of popular Christianity...Guideposts Christianity. The fact that you can talk about him and not talk about Norman Vincent Peale in the same breath shows a rather alarming lack of study:

Not all that deep, but not exactly difficult to find or trace back. He seems to have gotten into a bit of a funk during the 90s and other less sociable times (preferring to slum around John Hughes movies, sitcoms, WWE events and such, providing us with endless hilarious GIFs of him playing face to Vince McMahon) but I'm guessing he wouldn't have had nearly as much fun or nearly as much name recognition if he had placed his money in an index fund and gone off to whatever degenerate sex/drug/urban planning/TED talk/bathhouse/modern art/Davos/hyper-speculation scene the rest of the liberal ultra-rich seemed to think was important.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillanodon View Post
            Cruz is a NEEEEEERD but much more genuine when he's doing movie impressions:

Donald Trump is the embodiment of popular Christianity...Guideposts Christianity. The fact that you can talk about him and not talk about Norman Vincent Peale in the same breath shows a rather alarming lack of study:

Not all that deep, but not exactly difficult to find or trace back. He seems to have gotten into a bit of a funk during the 90s and other less sociable times (preferring to slum around John Hughes movies, sitcoms, WWE events and such, providing us with endless hilarious GIFs of him playing face to Vince McMahon) but I'm guessing he wouldn't have had nearly as much fun or nearly as much name recognition if he had placed his money in an index fund and gone off to whatever degenerate sex/drug/urban planning/TED talk/bathhouse/modern art/Davos/hyper-speculation scene the rest of the liberal ultra-rich seemed to think was important.
            Thanks for the link. That Princess Bride reenactment charisma is what needs to go in his ads, not the schmaltz.

Comment

Thanks for the link. That Princess Bride reenactment charisma is what needs to go in his ads, not the schmaltz.
              There are going to be more people voting than just Gen-Xers for whom Princess Bride was the movie of their lifetime. In a media-circus democracy, Ted Cruz can no more stick to his most comfortable persona than Barack Obama can talk in his traditionally white accent.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillanodon View Post
                There are going to be more people voting than just Gen-Xers for whom Princess Bride was the movie of their lifetime. In a media-circus democracy, Ted Cruz can no more stick to his most comfortable persona than Barack Obama can talk in his traditionally white accent.
                Well maybe just charisma in general. The holy family man stuff is boring and contrived, and I think that's why Trump is leading. Christians are embarrassed by the Focus in the Family BS. They've been burned too many times by that routine.

Comment