Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abortion derail from the Active Shooter thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, yes we are. We are just a multitude of cellular divisions removed from the fertilized egg.

Although genetic instructions are present in the cells, they have not done their job at this point even though the task is in hand.
    Just because they haven't specialized yet doesn't make them any less a unique member of our species.

A blastocyst is not just the drawing. It is the entirety of the house's building materials, just not put in its proper place yet. The drawings of a house are completely separate from the house itself... or are you under the impression that they are used as wallpaper?

I guess you are ignorant on what DNA is then... Your desperation to make a point is amusing.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• The design includes the whole shebang from fertilized egg to infant to adult. There is never a time when a thing becomes a human being. That whole personhood lie is just a way to justify killing the child before it is born.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        At this stage we might very well ask if the embryo is fish or human and we only know the answer by looking at the mother.
        Yes, cause if the mother wants the child, it's a baby - if not, it's a "thing" or "tissue".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Ah, I must have ignored it.
          http://www.patheos.com/blogs/freetho...ed-in-the-u-s/

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            It is none-the-less my considered opinion that history will recognize this age as equivalent to the period in our history when it was legal to hold human beings as slaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
              ...restrict it's use...
              Aaaargh!
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                Obviously and for the and for good reason
                Yeah, it's doofusness.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• More stupidity from Tazzy Wazzy! I know you're 'ignoring me' after being embarrassed all those years and are still unable to admit that you were wrong, but most major anti abortion groups do not advocate violence against anybody. If this isn't true Tazzy, go ahead, please show us a major anti abortion group, that is advocating violence. We'll be waiting...
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• The previous was a demonstration of FirstFloor's Complete Lunacy. It took him several tries, but he literally decided to redefine, rebut and troll the required Anatomy and Physiology Course Textbook's Definition of Blastocyst. This definition was brought to you by Pearson Vue and is required at all University of North Carolina Schools for Medical and Nursing School. The Same Course is require for Duke University Medical Schools. Pearson Vue by the way, is the established institution for medical liscencing in the United States And Publishes the Majority of Educational Literature for Study. Taken from the 2011 edition. Sorry FF, your Rebuttal doesn't hold, It goes to show how desperate you are though.
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                      The previous was a demonstration of FirstFloor's Complete Lunacy. It took him several tries, but he literally decided to redefine, rebut and troll the required Anatomy and Physiology Course Textbook's Definition of Blastocyst. This definition was brought to you by Pearson Vue and is required at all University of North Carolina Schools for Medical and Nursing School. The Same Course is require for Duke University Medical Schools. Pearson Vue by the way, is the established institution for medical liscencing in the United States And Publishes the Majority of Educational Literature for Study. Taken from the 2011 edition. Sorry FF, your Rebuttal doesn't hold, It goes to show how desperate you are though.
                      Getting FF to admit he's wrong is a pointless exercise. Human's are animals that have a set life cycle and being in any part of the life cycle, doesn't mean you're not a human. It's pure insanity to try to seriously argue otherwise.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

More stupidity from Tazzy Wazzy! I know you're 'ignoring me' after being embarrassed all those years and are still unable to admit that you were wrong, but most major anti abortion groups do not advocate violence against anybody. If this isn't true Tazzy, go ahead, please show us a major anti abortion group, that is advocating violence. We'll be waiting...
                        You don't understand, lilpixie. Just expressing our opposition to abortion is the same thing as advocating violence. Especially if we let it be known that we consider babies, babies even before they are born. That is our sin.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          You don't understand, lilpixie. Just expressing our opposition to abortion is the same thing as advocating violence. Especially if we let it be known that we consider babies, babies even before they are born. That is our sin.

Comment

• It is far less inflamatory than the language used by the hate group SPLC uses
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• I call abortion legalized murder of babies because that is exactly what I see it is. You call that "deliberately inflammatory" and I do not. I call it accurate language.

Can you give me a list with dates of all these pro-life atrocities that happen all the time?

ETA: Perhaps an amendment is needed here. I think in light of today's "Cry Baby Generation" honest language may be considered by said cry babies as inflammatory.
                              Last edited by Jedidiah; 12-05-2015, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Why?
                                The fetus has the same DNA as a human. It is the offspring of 2 human beings. It has it's own separate, unique body, heart, brain, DNA. We were all embryos and fetuses at one point. We don't magically stop being human beings at any stage of our development simply because someone says we aren't an unwanted.

It is not guilt tripping when you are simply pointing out the truth.
                                Last edited by claymore; 12-05-2015, 07:44 PM.

Comment