Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Something that perplexes me about homosexuality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
    Good analysis of male hetero tastes in chicks.

I don't know of any hetero dude who longs for a crew-cute wearing gal with sideburns and smelling of cigar smoke.

There are lesbo femmes who do.

I'm a hetero dude.

I can tell a Edited by a Moderator from a tomboy hetero grease-monkey-errtee anytime.
    Edited by a Moderator Good to know that homophobia is still alive and well in some Christian circles.
    Last edited by Catholicity; 11-10-2015, 05:34 PM.
    "Instead, we argue, it is necessary to shift the debate from the subject under consideration, instead exposing to public scrutiny the tactics they [denialists] employ and identifying them publicly for what they are."

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Try to keep the language clean, please.
      But it's a crude but natural topic.

My point is why would a femme Lesbo be attracted to a Edited by a Moderator with a fake member when she she could go for a "normal" male with the real thing? -- and nice cologne to boot!

Same deal with a homo who goes for a cross dresser with incompatible plumbing.

Roy's post attempts an explanation, but the "tails" of the homosexual distribution exceed his explanation by at least a standard deviation -- with emphasis on "deviation". ~tee hee~

Mossrose -- good topic!
      Last edited by Catholicity; 11-08-2015, 05:39 PM.

Comment

We are a family-friendly site and have a number of younger members. So we try to keep the language as clean as we can.

Thanks.
        Last edited by mossrose; 11-07-2015, 07:56 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

We are a family site and have a number of younger members. So we try to keep the language as clean as we can.

Thanks.
          Again, how can we discuss this subject without a tad of earthiness?

My last post was right on the money, was it not?

How would you have re-written it with less salty language?

There wasn't ONE "dirty" word in it.

Comment

Try to keep the language clean, please.
            Moderated By: CP

Mossy has politely asked that we tone down the rhetoric in her thread. Let's honor that. There are polite ways to discuss sexuality - it just takes a little effort. And please take note of the reminder not to argue moderation in this thread.

Thanks

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
            Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I do not want debate in this thread. I just have a question that I would like responses to.

I am asking, respectfully, that Starlight, whag and firstfloor refrain from posting in this thread.

If homosexuals are not interested in the opposite gender, why do so many of them, at least those that I have met or those who are portrayed on tv, affect to almost farcically, the mannerisms of the gender they are not interested in.
              When they were young they unconsciously modeled their behaviors after their mothers and other women. When I was growing up there were times when I acted really stereotypically gay before I even knew what homosexuality was. I noticed this from kindergarten and felt a strong "difference" in myself from other boys and grew up with kind of a fear of men. I also grew up with a really domineering mother figure...

You would think that men who are attracted to other men would be attracted because of their masculinity, not to a man who is trying to portray a woman. Or, a woman who isn't interested in men would be more attracted to a very feminine woman rather than one who affects the mannerisms of a man.
              Not that I act on temptation, but I don't understand it either. I'm attracted to masculinity and maleness. Actually among gays there are those that reject who they call "femmes" and lust after "straight guys" because of their perceived masculinity.
              "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

I do not want debate in this thread. I just have a question that I would like responses to.

I am asking, respectfully, that Starlight, whag and firstfloor refrain from posting in this thread.

If homosexuals are not interested in the opposite gender, why do so many of them, at least those that I have met or those who are portrayed on tv, affect to almost farcically, the mannerisms of the gender they are not interested in.

You would think that men who are attracted to other men would be attracted because of their masculinity, not to a man who is trying to portray a woman. Or, a woman who isn't interested in men would be more attracted to a very feminine woman rather than one who affects the mannerisms of a man.

I do not understand this, and in my mind, it shows a great confusion among those who practice the lifestyle.
                I don't think this is the case. Most homosexuals I've come across are anything but effeminate, in fact they're often very masculine and I'm often surprised when I find out they're gay. Case in point, would anyone have thought footballer Michael Sam was homosexual based upon appearances...or more recently in the news, boxer Yusaf Mack?

Coming out of this question is the one that wonders why any homosexual man would desire to dress like a woman, i.e. "female illusionist" when they are trying to attract another man who wants to be with a man, not a woman.
                This is a different question. I think these are men who see themselves as women. It's relatively common in Thailand, where I'm based, to see effeminate men wearing make-up and often in women's clothes, even in the workplace behind shop counters etc...they're known as katoeys or 'lady-boys' and there's no social stigma attached. Surprisingly, they seem to have no trouble attracting (hetero) male partners...I guess it takes all types.

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
                  When they were young they unconsciously modeled their behaviors after their mothers and other women. When I was growing up there were times when I acted really stereotypically gay before I even knew what homosexuality was. I noticed this from kindergarten and felt a strong "difference" in myself from other boys and grew up with kind of a fear of men. I also grew up with a really domineering mother figure...

Not that I act on temptation, but I don't understand it either. I'm attracted to masculinity and maleness. Actually among gays there are those that reject who they call "femmes" and lust after "straight guys" because of their perceived masculinity.
                  Thank you, hammy. I was hoping you would respond so I could get perspective from someone who really knows.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

It's not a "polite" topic at least as proffered by the initial post.

Comment

Moderated By: Catholicity

ENOUGH arguing with the OP. it does not matter how much you think you can be crude, there will be no more slang terms in this thread. Family friendly only or leave if you cannot cease and decist

Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Moderated By: Catholicity

The other piece of this thread has been moved. No arguing of moderation will persist in this thread, it may, however go on in the Padded Room under this link. http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...068#post262068 thank you for your cooperation and lets keep it civil

A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I do not understand this, and in my mind, it shows a great confusion among those who practice the lifestyle.

Coming out of this question is the one that wonders why any homosexual man would desire to dress like a woman, i.e. "female illusionist" when they are trying to attract another man who wants to be with a man, not a woman.

Looks like just the standard garden-variety prejudice against homosexuals, in the form of a rant. Cute.
                          "Instead, we argue, it is necessary to shift the debate from the subject under consideration, instead exposing to public scrutiny the tactics they [denialists] employ and identifying them publicly for what they are."

Comment

Originally posted by Jichard View Post
                            Looks like just the standard garden-variety prejudice against homosexuals, in the form of a rant. Cute.
                            Rant?

I've seen your little hissy fits, J. And this is nothing like your rants.

I asked an honest question, and I see you have no response except to attack me.

Talk about prejudice.......

Comment

Rant?

I've seen your little hissy fits, J. And this is nothing like your rants.
                              Discussing scientific evidence, is neither a hissy fit nor a rant. Your OP was nothing but a re-hashing of some standard, evidence-free prejudices against homosexuals. If you were anything like me and had an honest question on a subject like this, you wouldn't rely on prejudice or your own biased sampling of what you saw on tv. Instead, you'd look up some of the scientific evidence related to this subject, to try and get a more representative perspective on this topic. Tell me: did you do that?

I asked an honest question, and I see you have no response except to attack me.
                              About an honest a question as:
                              If black people are really equal to white people, why do so many of them, at least those that I have met or those who are portrayed on tv, not as intelligent or as interesting as white people?

The answer is: because your question is based on prejudice, a biased sampling of black people, and a conveniently selective memory regarding black people. You have probably met many black people who don't fit your stereotype; you just seem to conveniently not bring them to mind. So stop wasting time with implication by question and base your question on something other than prejudice.

A parallel answer applies to your OP. Also, there are plenty of heterosexual men who act in ways some other people find effeminate, and plenty of heterosexual women who act in ways some other people find masculine. You didn't mention these people, for some reason. I wonder why?

Talk about prejudice.......
                              Indeed, your OP does display prejudice. How malicious that prejudice is, is another matter.

... Oh, forgot to mention something. Your OP also helps illustrate another point: the negative effects prejudice can have on gay men. After reading your OP a few days ago, I decided to look up some of the scientific evidence on masculinity and homosexuality. Turns out that there are quite a number of gay men who take a negative view of other gay men who are effeminate; this phenomenon has been studied extensively in the scientific literature.. In fact, emphasizing the stereotype that gay men are effeminate actually strengthens these negative views. So in making your OP, you're taking steps to turn homosexuals against one another. Sad. It reminds me of how certain black people would feel embarrassed about other black people they thought were poor, "urban", "ghetto", "into hip-hop", etc., since various white people had stereotyped black people as being poor, "urban", "ghetto", etc. Fortunately, many of us black people have moved past this and we aren't embarrassed of our fellow black people, just because certain people foist stereotypes upon us. Hopefully, many homosexuals will react in a similar way to prejudice against effeminate homosexuals. Better to stick to together in the face of prejudiced stereotypes.
                              Last edited by Jichard; 11-13-2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J
                                In fact, emphasizing the stereotype that gay men are effeminate actually strengthens these negative views. So in making your OP, you're taking steps to turn homosexuals against one another.
                                Perhaps you'd like to send all your "scientific study" data to Hollywood. They seem to be huge stereotype-emphasizers. Way more than my little thread is.

Now I am going to pretend to ignore you and your hatred of God and Christians. So if I don't respond to you again here, that is why.

Comment