Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

14-year-old Texas boy arrested for bringing homemade clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here is a longer clip. He also claims he just built the clock without any instructions, because he just knew what to do. Um yeah. He would at least need a pin diagram for the clock chip he used so he knew what the inputs and outputs were.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      here is a longer clip. He also claims he just built the clock without any instructions, because he just knew what to do. Um yeah. He would at least need a pin diagram for the clock chip he used so he knew what the inputs and outputs were.

Yeah. You get an older clock, take it out of its casing and drop it into a box. You don't need instructions for that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        here is a longer clip. He also claims he just built the clock without any instructions, because he just knew what to do. Um yeah. He would at least need a pin diagram for the clock chip he used so he knew what the inputs and outputs were.

So, one of the "titles" that shows up (at 55 seconds) in this was "Falsely charged with making bomb" -- which is an outright lie.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• So, it appears Ahmed's father has two facebook accounts, one of which is pretty much pro-America. The other, an Arabic language one, is much less so, including an anti-America rant where he claims the US destroyed the World Trade Towers as an excuse to begin a war on Muslims.

Interestingly enough, the other website is no longer available:

https://www.facebook.com/eltyieb.mohamed.9?fref=nf

Meanwhile, Ahmed continues his world tour to be honored for his ability to take the guts out of a commercially manufactured alarm clock, stuff them into a too- small metal container, and lie about inventing it.

America is such a great place!
          Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-09-2015, 10:26 AM.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            He "built" CPU's, and "soldering them"?

OK, first of all, the CPU is the Central Processing Unit - the main chip on the motherboard - it doesn't need soldering at all.
            Secondly, being generous, and assuming that he is using the often used misapplication of the term "CPU" to mean "the desktop box or computer thingie" - there's no soldering required there, either.

Hard to tell from that one clip in what context this is being addressed.
            Honestly, it sounds like they're really trying to sell the "boy genius" narrative, and he's just rattling off jargon to try and impress the uninformed, like a Hollywood movie script.

"We're losing WiFi integrity! Quick, overclock the router to improve the megahertz!"
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Honestly, it sounds like they're really trying to sell the "boy genius" narrative, and he's just rattling off jargon to try and impress the uninformed, like a Hollywood movie script.

"We're losing WiFi integrity! Quick, overclock the router to improve the megahertz!"
              My router is overclocked to improve wireless integrity.
              "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

And, don't forget the dilithium crystals!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  My router is overclocked to improve wireless integrity.
                  And Ahmed's clock totally didn't look like a bomb.

Comment

• So, it looks like Ahmed gets to meet with Obama tomorrow to be honored for removing the contents of a commercially produced clock, stuffing the contents into a too small metal box, and lying about having invented it.

America is such great country!

Comment

• So, what am I missing? Here's supposedly a picture of Ahmed posing in Sudan with his father and Omar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir, the "Butcher of Darfur".

ahmed butcher.jpg

I tried to find this account on something less conservative than National Review or more credible than Reddit, but so far, it appears this isn't making the MSM news.

So, the left's new hero - Ahmed - is meeting with one of the left's recent villains. What gives?

Comment

...but so far, it appears this isn't making the MSM news.
                        Truly a shocking turn of events.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        SSo, the left's new hero - Ahmed - is meeting with one of the left's recent villains. What gives?
                        Well, based on recent events, it doesn't seem the left actually considers ruthless dictators and Islam Jihadists to be villians.

Comment

Truly a shocking turn of events.
                          Yeah, I know.

Well, based on recent events, it doesn't seem the left actually considers ruthless dictators and Islam Jihadists to be villians.
                          That wasn't true just a couple years ago - the left was all over Darfur, including a bunch of the Hollywood "experts in everything".

Comment

• http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ahmed-mohamed/

Comment

So, what am I missing? Here's supposedly a picture of Ahmed posing in Sudan with his father and Omar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir, the "Butcher of Darfur".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10679[/ATTACH]

I tried to find this account on something less conservative than National Review or more credible than Reddit, but so far, it appears this isn't making the MSM news.

So, the left's new hero - Ahmed - is meeting with one of the left's recent villains. What gives?
                              The BBC has a story

Source: Ahmed Mohamed: US 'clock boy' meets Sudan leader

The 14-year-old American who made headlines after being arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school has met Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir.

Ahmed Mohamed and his family were received at a presidential compound in Sudan's capital Khartoum on Wednesday, according to state-run radio.

The Texan teenager was pulled out of class and handcuffed because a teacher mistook his clock for a bomb.

His arrest was sharply criticised and the police declined to file charges.

The boy's father, Mohamed Hassan al-Sufi, is a Sudanese immigrant to the US and a former presidential candidate who ran against Mr Bashir.

The Sudan leader is wanted by the International Criminal Court for alleged war crimes in Darfur, which he denies.

He has also been invited to the White House by US President Barack Obama, who tweeted his support after the incident.

Nasa scientists and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg also praised the boy's initiative.

The police rejected a suggestion by Ahmed's family that he was detained because he was Muslim.

Ahmed said he was pleased to meet the president and vowed to return one day with a new invention, according to the radio broadcast.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I wonder what his next "invention" will be. Will he take a radio out of its casing and putting it into a cardboard box?

The International Business Times also has a story

Source: Ahmed Mohamed 'Clockmaker' Meets Sudan Dictator Omar Bashir In Khartoum

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Several of his Twitter posts can be seen at the above link.

I wonder if his meeting with al-Bashir might be behind recent rumors that Obama might not personally meet with Ahmed Mohamed considering the former's indictment by the International Criminal Court (ICC) on five counts of crimes against humanity (murder, extermination, forcible transfer, torture and rape) and two counts of war crimes (pillaging and intentionally directing attacks against civilians), making him the first sitting head of state ever indicted by the ICC.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• And the Prez doesn't have time for the boy genius? I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I say!

Comment