Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Will protecting the unborn be the next civil rights issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Don't mind him. He only sounds like a woman hater.
    That's usually the false charge that gets thrown about when certain women don't like to be challenged on the things they do that they would cry about if men were to do them instead. If men behaved in the same manner it would be feminists who would cry out the loudest at what they were doing. Of course they are allowed to do it themselves and if you dare challenge them on it they go ballistic.

Comment

While I don't oppose a male contraceptive I also don't think it's a panacea. You mentioned the sting in the tail. It would likely reduce condom use and that will increase disease spread.
      You could use both, but I also forgot to mention that they were studying it's ability for disease control as well. Since it blocks the pathway for sperm it's also been shown it could potentially block the pathway for diseases. That's the theory anyway, but the trials are ongoing so we will wait and see if that is actually what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        I said Jesus was the only exception. That means my statement had to refer to sin in general. Not everyone is okay with abortion.
        Like I said, my mistake and I apologise.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
          That's usually the false charge that gets thrown about when certain women don't like to be challenged on the things they do that they would cry about if men were to do them instead. If men behaved in the same manner it would be feminists who would cry out the loudest at what they were doing. Of course they are allowed to do it themselves and if you dare challenge them on it they go ballistic.
          No, it's a legitimate response to the charged rhetoric you use. I agree with you on a lot of this but frankly find your indiscriminate use of the jargon grating. Someone who doesn't know you would be perfectly justified in the assumption that you have issues with women as a whole and not merely some branches of feminism.

Incidentally, you undercut your own effectiveness when you alienate half the population.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

You could use both, but I also forgot to mention that they were studyinparasit ability for disease control as well. Since it blocks the pathway for sperm it's also been shown it could potentially block the pathway for diseases. That's the theory anyway, but the trials are ongoing so we will wait and see if that is actually what happens.
            Eh, bacterial, I assume. Whichever, I am highly dubious that it could do both. Then there are the parasites...

No pill has or ever will take the place of personal responsibility.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

No, it's a legitimate response to the charged rhetoric you use. I agree with you on a lot of this but frankly find your indiscriminate use of the jargon grating. Someone who doesn't know you would be perfectly justified in the assumption that you have issues with women as a whole and not merely some branches of feminism.
              Untrue and if you knew me you would see that it was untrue. Most unapologetic men think the way I do, they just tend not to be brave enough to say it in the company of women. I don't hate women in the slightest. I just hate the culturally attitude that has been developed in some, NOT all women.

Incidentally, you undercut your own effectiveness when you alienate half the population.
              I don't say what I say to be popular. I say what I say because I believe it to be true and I have thought about it and it has been demonstrated to be true to me.

Comment

Eh, bacterial, I assume. Whichever, I am highly dubious that it could do both. Then there are the parasites...
                Sure they are parasites but I don't think a condom prevents those anyway. Well not if we are talking about crabs, etc. On a further look it looks like it doesn't stop the spread of diseases as such. Oh well, never mind.

No pill has or ever will take the place of personal responsibility.
                I agree. For the most part I look at it from a point of view of helping married couples with their birth control.

Comment

Untrue and if you knew me you would see that it was untrue. Most unapologetic men think the way I do, they just tend not to be brave enough to say it in the company of women. I don't hate women in the slightest. I just hate the culturally attitude that has been developed in some, NOT all women.

I don't say what I say to be popular. I say what I say because I believe it to be true and I have thought about it and it has been demonstrated to be true to me.
                  DO, I just got finished telling CBW that you aren't a woman hater. You aren't paying attention to what I wrote. Your rhetoric most certainly is misogynistic and if you don't want us to think that about you then you need to do a better job expressing your views.

It's up to you, but I don't think you're doing any good at all talking the way you do.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Maybe people should sign a contract that they are ready to potentially have a baby and get tested for STD's before doing a "special hug"
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

DO, I just got finished telling CBW that you aren't a woman hater. You aren't paying attention to what I wrote. Your rhetoric most certainly is misogynistic and if you don't want us to think that about you then you need to do a better job expressing your views.
                      I'm confused. I think I am missing the context of some of this conversation. I apologise if I have accused you of something you did not do.

It's up to you, but I don't think you're doing any good at all talking the way you do.
                      It's the kind of person I am. I stand for truth. I tend to be a very principled guy.

Comment

Maybe people should sign a contract that they are ready to potentially have a baby and get tested for STD's before doing a "special hug"
                        Or get married.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          Or get married.
                          That's what the contract's for! In order to have a child, both parties have to make a life long commitment(minimum 30 years, but preferably lifetime) to help each other raise any babies to adulthood. And get screened for sti's.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            Or get married.
                            I still think we need a test and that you should pass that test first just to make sure that the married couple are competent enough to raise a child.

Comment

I still think we need a test and that you should pass that test first just to make sure that the married couple are competent enough to raise a child.
                              That might open up another can of worms. Though taking a class would be good. Let's see, a child development class, how to care for baby class, and a test on how to keep baby alive and well.

Comment

That might open up another can of worms. Though taking a class would be good. Let's see, a child development class, how to care for baby class, and a test on how to keep baby alive and well.

We can all but dream.

Too bad I believe in small government and people's freedoms to seriously argue for this. Sometimes I wonder though.

Comment