Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rape Culture: Why Yes can mean No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Not at all. I'm just saying that by and large such a policy as an abysmal historic track record.
    OK, fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Your response was crap - it didn't deserve more effort than that. Build your own strawmen.
      Nah, you just want to dismiss it without addressing it.

Comment

You (general) - which makes it clear that I am NOT talking about you personally.
        It's drivel to assume that all divorce courts are the same - or that they all err in only one direction. Thousands of good mothers lost custody over 'alienation of affection' which is pseudoscience bunk and was (and still is to an extent) embraced wildly by the courts. Courts of all kinds are run by humans and they ALL share in the ability - sometimes near glee - of committing error. You (personal) aren't the only one ever wronged in court.
        Didn't bother to read the link. If the law is unfair, you change it. Rocket science, that ain't. But finger pointing and pretending that it's all one sided will not change erroneous laws - not even egregious ones.
        http://www.census.gov/people/childsu...s/chldsu11.pdf

The court erred - or the law needs changing. Still stupid - still not a one-side fits all equation.

What, you think appellate courts don't err? In California? Home of the Ninth 'we don't need no stinkin' constitution' Circuit? Are you kidding me?
        Well it was you who said if a bad decision was made then take it to the appellate court.

blaming feminists won't get that done.
        https://archive.is/DuXg1

Another source showing fathers getting a bad deal and feminists ignoring is.

http://www.breakingthescience.org/SJ...ysis_intro.php

Who said it lessened anything? The myoptic 'it's all the evul fems' view only makes it harder to fix the very injustices you are complaining about.
        Yep - so? Wanna give up and just quit, or light a candle rather than curse darkness?
        Getting the message out helps too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          But what percentage of rapes are performed by faithful Christians?
          I don't think that's relevant. I was only challenging what I thought was the assumption that men couldn't control their sexual urges but Rogue further clarified his statement as one being where people have always given in to temptation, which is correct on his part.

Comment

Yep - so? Wanna give up and just quit, or light a candle rather than curse darkness?
            The first step to dispelling the darkness is to speak the truth: feminism is the cause of all this evil.

Comment

Feminism is just another symptom of the general rot in our society.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  From what I understand, violent crime is a far worse problem in SA than in America.
                  It is, what I was hinting at though was there is such a thing as a Campus Rape culture (like there was on the Res in my old campus), but "we were both hammered and I now regret it" I don't think counts as a "Rape Culture" no matter how radical feminists spin it.
                  Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                  1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                  -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Just like civil rights, abolition, freedom of religion, women voters, etc.
                    Last edited by Psychic Missile; 05-10-2015, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                      I hear that men are actually allowed to post on this forum and they didn't get their wife's permission.
                      Yeah, that's because we don't have very many men married to feminists on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
                        Agreed
                        No, feminism by definition is the effort to attain equal rights and opportunity for women--such as allowing women, and not just men, to have a say in voting for a country's leaders; for allowing women the freedom to explore the same life and career opportunities as men instead of just being confined to doing the domestic tasks that men can't be bothered to do, and for viewing and treating women as people instead of a mere flesh-and-bone vessel to bear children and serve as a source of physical pleasure for men. This is a good thing. What you presumably mean is that some people who identify as feminist do things that are detrimental to society, but blanket statements such as the ones I've quoted are embarrassingly simplistic and lazy. I know for a fact that you two complain endlessly (and rightfully) when Internet atheists make such embarrassingly simplistic blanket statements like "Christianity is just another symptom of the general rot in our society" or "Christianity/religion is the cause of all evil in society" or "Christians suffer from delusions/brain viruses."

Feminism, much like Christianity, can have wildly diverse schools of thought. Some can seem bizarre or genuinely detrimental--much like the case with Christianity. But ultimately, they're all attempts that essentially stem from a genuinely noble and moral effort to treat women respectfully, in following with the scriptural precedents that "There is no more male and female" and "Love your neighbor as yourself." This, you might've noticed, is very much like Christianity, regarding which the many denominations and branches of theology are all attempts that essentially stem from the genuinely noble and moral effort to honor and worship God in spirit and in truth. Feminism, much like Christianity, ought to first and foremost be viewed in light of the good that it brings. It shouldn't be treated as a dirty word no matter what some advocates do in its name--much like the case with Christianity.
                        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                          The first step to dispelling the darkness is to speak the truth: feminism is the cause of all this evil.
                          No, it isn't. That's why you aren't helping - you aren't speaking the truth.

And it's getting really annoying to have to defend feminism at all. I broke with NOW at the age of 12 - 13. They sold us out - many of us girls remember it only too well. Even so, there were and are male fingers in the pie so this 'it's all them' stuff is nonsense.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

No, it isn't. That's why you aren't helping - you aren't speaking the truth.

And it's getting really annoying to have to defend feminism at all. I broke with NOW at the age of 12 - 13. They sold us out - many of us girls remember it only too well. Even so, there were and are male fingers in the pie so this 'it's all them' stuff is nonsense.
                            Is feminism a continuum? Because most of tweb would be feminists compared to epo and DE.
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                              Just like civil rights, abolition, freedom of religion, women voters, etc.
                              Oh please - modern feminists rest on the laurels of the suffragettes; abortion is a plague on women; had zero to do with women's rights, it was a Founder's thing; Suffragettes, not modern feminists.

Modern feminists have only one 'accomplishment' on that list and they should be deeply ashamed of it. Killing your own child is the antithesis of femininity - it strikes at what we as women are.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                                Is feminism a continuum? Because most of tweb would be feminists compared to epo and DE.
                                Hi, I'm IC, and I'm a TWeb feminist.
                                "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                                -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                I support the :
                                sigpic

Comment