Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harry Reid breaks his face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Reid breaks his face

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...crat/21182151/

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid is in a Las Vegas hospital following injuries sustained while exercising at home.

A statement issued Friday by Reid's office said doctors expect a "full recovery."

"A piece of equipment Senator Reid was using to exercise broke, causing him to fall and break a number of ribs and bones in his face," according to the statement. "Senator Reid will return to Washington this weekend and be in the office Tuesday as the Senate prepares to reconvene."
    His explanation is suspicious. My money's on his boyfriend.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Seriously, Dirty Harry... you are a prime example of why Congress needs term limits. Step down before you kill yourself.

Comment

I'm just trying to imagine the sequence of events that start with a piece of exercise equipment breaking and ending with fractured ribs and a broken face.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I'm just trying to imagine the sequence of events that start with a piece of exercise equipment breaking and ending with fractured ribs and a broken face.
        Rube Goldberg's Simple Exercise Mechanism, $499.99 plus tax at a retailer nowhere near you.

I can get you one wholesale...
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Runaway treadmill. Easily.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Shoulda been using free weights.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

He sure does end up getting all busted up a lot while "exercising." A couple years ago he got a nasty black eye and dislocated his shoulder while jogging. He said that he was leaning against a car and slipped during his morning jog.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But seriously: EAT THE LEFT.

Comment

Possibly this only happens in Vegas, but my consolation is that politicians as slimy as him are probably going to see a lot more of this given the people they have to associate with to stay elected.

Comment

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/...14th-congress/

Reid, 75, suffered a concussion, three broken ribs and broken bones near his right eye when an exercise band broke and he fell.
                    Yeah. Right.

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

All joking aside, Harry Reid's historically been buddy-buddy with just about every single thug in Vegas:

Reid has Four Sons who Work for a Law Firm that Defends MobstersReid was Investigated for Accepting Mob Bribes as Head of the Nevada Gaming Commission
                      Cleanface was the codename Agosto gave Reid
                      Whenever we say something observably true, like the Democratic Party is a fraudulent criminal conspiracy against the interests of the American public, Harry Reid's always there to provide the "how" and the "why".

Comment