Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama picks EBOLA Czar.... medical superstar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    As per typical, you're snitting -- that's how you deal with it.
    As per typical, that's just you.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
      The new czar's been chief of staff for two VPs. He'll do.
      Yeah, let's pick the guy who community organizes for the second string.

ETA: Would that qualify as the JayVee squad?
      Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-18-2014, 10:58 AM.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        very heavy element of bias and partisan nitpicking when one looks at that effort and chooses to snicker.
        lol dumbass seriously thinks getting lucky = successful and efficient quarantine
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Yeah, let's pick the guy who community organizes for the second string.
          You do know that "community" had a population larger than Alaska, dontcha? And he did go on to become a state senator and a U.S. Senator, and the President of the United States, twice, not to mention Harvard Law and professor at the University of Chicago, where you can toss one brick with your eyes closed and hit three Nobel laureates. You're just a glutton for schooling today.

You betcha.

Could be you've been hanging on that thread a mite too long. But yeah, his picks have been the most awful we've seen since ... well ... since "Doing a great job, Brownie."

Sam won the thread already, facts, figures, and even demeanor. At this point, you're just moping, and I'm just gloating. Sorry about that. Kinda.

As ever, Jesse

Comment

ETA: Would that qualify as the JayVee squad?
            ETA: You check the body count around Kobani lately?

Comment

You do know that "community" had a population larger than Alaska, dontcha? And he did go on to become a state senator and a U.S. Senator, and the President of the United States, twice, not to mention Harvard Law and professor at the University of Chicago, where you can toss one brick with your eyes closed and hit three Nobel laureates.
              Yeah, he's doing a GREAT job.... that's why over 60% of the country believes we're heading in the wrong direction.

And, don't forget, he was "awarded" a Nobel Peace Prize for not doing SQUAT!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, he's doing a GREAT job.... that's why over 60% of the country believes we're heading in the wrong direction.

And, don't forget, he was "awarded" a Nobel Peace Prize for not doing SQUAT!
                He was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize to encourage him away from doing stuff like bombing Libya, then going full schizo and trying to bomb both sides in a civil war.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

The Obama administration has been a series of ever-worsening train wrecks, but this ain't one of them. Ebola is not coming for you. This appointment matters exactly squat in the first place. It's only happening because of scaremongering yellow journalism.
                  Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Sam won the thread already, facts, . . .
                    I did not see any mention of bacon in any of Sam's threads.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      He was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize to encourage him away from doing stuff like bombing Libya, then going full schizo and trying to bomb both sides in a civil war.
                      In return for which he became an overachiever?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                        The Obama administration has been a series of ever-worsening train wrecks,
                        Amen

but this ain't one of them.
                        I think it's a bit early to tell.

Ebola is not coming for you.
                        Never said it was.

This appointment matters exactly squat in the first place. It's only happening because of scaremongering yellow journalism.
                        So, as I suspected, it was entirely POLITICAL.

Comment

The texas Ebola outbreak could have been avoided if Obola had banned commercial flights to affected areas. As it stands, him and people like Sam, taoist and Spartacus have blood on their hands. Hopefully their body count will remain in the single digits.

Comment

Which is why we need somebody who actually understands DISEASE and how it spreads, rather than a PR person or another community organizer.
                            I'd argue it's why we should get the administrators away from microphones and telephones and let the guys who already know what they are doing do it.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                              The Obama administration has been a series of ever-worsening train wrecks, but this ain't one of them. Ebola is not coming for you. This appointment matters exactly squat in the first place. It's only happening because of scaremongering yellow journalism.
                              This is where you and Sam are making the same mistake. Sam because he mistakenly believes patients won't lie when it is in their best interest to tell the truth (I've had people take a full series of not fun penicillin shots rather than admit they had sex within the last year. Can't count the number of 'virgins' with symptomatic syphilis I've interviewed - it's total nonsense) and I'm not sure why you think so. A virulent contagion that transmits readily is EASY to lose control of - we lose control of syphilis which isn't nearly as virulent nor as easily transmitted. Every epidemic begins with a single case. While it is too early to jump at shadows, it's foolishness to believe that there is no chance of this stuff getting loose. Thus far it's been amateur night at the CDC corral - that alone should give people cause for concern.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                I'd argue it's why we should get the administrators away from microphones and telephones and let the guys who already know what they are doing do it.
                                And that's why I think we need a straight-shooter who's actually an expert on this to be the "face" of the battle on ebola, not just another talking head or community organizer for the jayvee team.

Comment