Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Re: Michael Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    Thanks, rogue. I'm assuming none of the 'multiple witnesses' confirming the officer's account have been interviewed in the media yet or their statements in police reports leaked--is that correct?
    I'm not sure. The elite media has all but ignored this story and except for the source I cited (and of course Fox News) the only things I've read about it have been on blogs and local news accounts.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      .... The elite media has all but ignored this story ...
      Because it does not fit the preconceived narrative: racist white cop kills innocent black boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Reece View Post
        Because it does not fit the preconceived narrative: racist white cop kills innocent black boy.
        So they do everything in their power to dehumanize him and emphasize every bad thing that he might've done, as if that somehow makes him deserving of being killed.
        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

• Originally posted by square_peg View Post
          So they do everything in their power to dehumanize him and emphasize every bad thing that he might've done, as if that somehow makes him deserving of being killed.
          Yeah, it's really terrible that they're putting emphasis on that whole "the cop was acting in self-defense" business. Can't get the idea that Trayvon 2.0 was anything less than an angelic young man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
            Yeah, it's really terrible that they're putting emphasis on that whole "the cop was acting in self-defense" business. Can't get the idea that Trayvon 2.0 was anything less than an angelic young man.
            When some supporters of Darren Wilson make comments like these, you start to wonder if maybe there isn't more to their emphasis than "he was simply acting in self-defense."

And again, I have no problem believing that Michael Brown did some bad things and that the officer felt threatened. I'm still upset that there was evidently no other option and that he ended up dying.
            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

Comment

No, not at all; it's simply a matter of seeking to ascertain the truth of what actually happened as distinct from the preconceived narrative.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Reece View Post
                No, not at all; it's simply a matter of seeking to ascertain the truth of what actually happened as distinct from the preconceived narrative.

Otherwise, there is a miscarriage of justice on a massive scale.
                Then why are they making such a big deal of non-issues like stealing cigarettes and marijuana being found in his system?

Comment

• Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
                  A "gentle giant" who wouldn't hurt a fly.

Sarcasm aside the media had no trouble citing witnesses who said that Brown was running away and was shot in the back. The fact that he was facing the police cruiser and the autopsy conducted for the family shows that all the bullets entered through the front strongly suggest that this was not the case, yet this narrative was still being pushed by some outlets while they ignored the report that at least a dozen witnesses say that Brown was advancing on Wilson when he was shot.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Then why are they making such a big deal of non-issues like stealing cigarettes and marijuana being found in his system?
                    The strong armed robbery of the cigars contradicts the narrative that Brown was a gentle giant who wouldn't hurt a fly.

The marijuana in the system verifies Wilson's statement that Brown looked like he was on something. Maybe to be more accurate it "sort of" verifies it since marijuana residue can still be detected for weeks after it was used -- especially in larger individuals. Further, pot does not normally make one aggressive but the opposite. Still how would Wilson know what he was on?

Comment

Do you really think that the obvious strong arm robbery of cigarillos used for smoking marijuana, with video taped bullying of the small-sized store owner, immediately preceding a belligerent, hostile confrontation with, and assault on, a police officer are not relevant factors to be considered to balance the initial false narrative report of an innocent teenager just walking along a street minding his own business and for no reason other than white racism being shot by a white cop ?
                      Last edited by John Reece; 08-22-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

When some supporters of Darren Wilson make comments like these, you start to wonder if maybe there isn't more to their emphasis than "he was simply acting in self-defense.
                        Did you wonder about that before Al Sharpton, Benjamin Crump, the national news media, and the Attorney General of the United States all descended on a simple police shooting in a town of no particular importance?

And again, I have no problem believing that Michael Brown did some bad things and that the officer felt threatened. I'm still upset that there was evidently no other option and that he ended up dying.
                        Why are you upset that an obvious future Bloods gang leader who made several rap songs about killing the police got killed by the police, unless you're already a sympathizer with the gang lifestyle, just like the rest of the kids?

Comment

When some supporters of Darren Wilson make comments like these, you start to wonder if maybe there isn't more to their emphasis than "he was simply acting in self-defense."

There's nothing wrong with most of those comments, so I'm not sure what you're implying. I really don't understand liberals. Do you people seriously think society is going to agree to let black men kill them with impunity? Are you completely and utterly insane? Is your neck feeling lonely and yearning for a solid piece of rope? Has life without Hitler been so boring that you're feeling a desperate itch to resurrect him?
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Why broad-brush those who believe Darren Wilson acted in self-defense with the racist comments of a few? It's not like there are no racists memorializing Michael Brown.
                            I'm pretty sure Darren Wilson would far rather have preferred a different outcome as well.
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

A "gentle giant" who wouldn't hurt a fly.

Sarcasm aside the media had no trouble citing witnesses who said that Brown was running away and was shot in the back. The fact that he was facing the police cruiser and the autopsy conducted for the family shows that all the bullets entered through the front strongly suggest that this was not the case, yet this narrative was still being pushed by some outlets while they ignored the report that at least a dozen witnesses say that Brown was advancing on Wilson when he was shot.
                              don't you see? The store clerk slipped on the tile floor and Brown simply grabbed him to stop him from falling. What an angel!

Comment

I'm not sure. The elite media has all but ignored this story and except for the source I cited (and of course Fox News) the only things I've read about it have been on blogs and local news accounts.
                                Apparently, the public editor at the New York Times yesterday critiqued one of their stories for saying that the eye-witness accounts differed sharply from each other without giving any details about how they differed. I suspect they may have some of these reports or at least their own confidential sources but are not yet able to publish any details yet for some reason.
                                אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment