Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Five Israeli talking points, debunked".... Interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    "Well gosh, how are we supposed to know who's really a civilian, anyway? It's just so hard!!!"
    Hamas has no civilians. They have combatants and potential props for the next photo op.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Any doubt as to why children get killed in Gaza?

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2014/0...illed-in-gaza/

Shooting from within Homes

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/idf-...in-homes-video

Hamas terrorists are firing rockets from hospitals

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...a-hospital.php
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Any doubt as to why children get killed in Gaza?

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2014/0...illed-in-gaza/

Shooting from within Homes

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/idf-...in-homes-video

Hamas terrorists are firing rockets from hospitals

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...a-hospital.php
        There we go. Thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          Disproportionate and non-discriminating????
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_wa...y#Jus_in_bello
          Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

"Well gosh, how are we supposed to know who's really a civilian, anyway? It's just so hard!!!"
            Do you understand the difference between "innocent" and "civilian"?

Anyway, it's obvious Israel is trying to ethnically cleanse Gaza. I predicted it would happen sooner or later years ago, but liberals never listen.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I'm wondering if Israel won't take back at least part of the Gaza as a buffer zone. They are gonna catch heck regardless so they might as well make military gains.

I do think the international outrage is close to backfiring - Israel is getting kinda used to being on the short end of that stick and they may just decide that since the US has abdicated leadership elsewhere and Europe is about as capable as a dishrag that they can probably get away with quite a bit right now. Sound and fury is about all the IC has going for it right now, anyway.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                I'm wondering if Israel won't take back at least part of the Gaza as a buffer zone. They are gonna catch heck regardless so they might as well make military gains.

Considering the ever increasing range of the rockets such a move would be futile.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Considering the ever increasing range of the rockets such a move would be futile.
                  Not against tunnels, however. Besides, wouldn't an increase in range make shooting the things down easier?
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

According to that Israel is clearly not guilty of disproportionate and non-discriminating actions.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

According to that Israel is clearly not guilty of disproportionate and non-discriminating actions.
                      Just war conduct should be governed by the principle of distinction. The acts of war should be directed towards enemy combatants, and not towards non-combatants caught in circumstances they did not create. The prohibited acts include bombing civilian residential areas that include no military targets, committing acts of terrorism and reprisal against civilians, and even attacking neutral targets (e.g. the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor). Moreover, combatants are not permitted to attack enemy combatants who have surrendered or who have been captured or who are injured and not presenting an immediate lethal threat.
                      Now there's a totally biased assessment.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Inflicting hundreds of civilian deaths and thousands of injuries in response to... how many Israeli civilian deaths, exactly? Wikipedia says one death, 16 injuries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palesti..._rockets_fired

Looking at the proportions, it seems as though an Israeli civilian is worth somewhere between 10 and 100 Palestinians. That's not how proportionality works.

You're proceeding from the assumption that Israel is conducting these operations ethically rather than concluding it based on the evidence.
                        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Buffer zone for what?
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Israel doesn't use it's civilian population as shields, and doesn't use schools as munition stores, and doesn't use hospitals as launch sites for rockets aimed at civilian targets.
                            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Inflicting hundreds of civilian deaths and thousands of injuries in response to... how many Israeli civilian deaths, exactly? Wikipedia says one death, 16 injuries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palesti..._rockets_fired

Looking at the proportions, it seems as though an Israeli civilian is worth somewhere between 10 and 100 Palestinians. That's not how proportionality works.

You're proceeding from the assumption that Israel is conducting these operations ethically rather than concluding it based on the evidence.
                              One side wants 100% of the Jews dead. Destroyed. Killed. Wiped off the face of the earth. Men, women, children, civilians, soldiers, politicians, babies....

What is the correct proportional percentage of Jews that should be killed?
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A few years ago a couple of school yard bullies decided to film the final in a series of attacks on their favourite victim. One filmed it, the other would hit or kick him walk back a bit, then return to make another strike. Repeatedly. (A lawyer counted the number of assault offences, there were nine.) In the end, during the final attack, the victim had enough, hoisted his assailant in the air to shoulder height and threw him to the ground. He landed on his back. All of it was on mobile phone video. Guess who got expelled? And the school's excuse - the lad was consistently involved in fights in the school. The video gave perfect evidence for why he was always getting in fights.

There are parallels with the constant attacks on Israel, and the world's response to her current retaliation.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment