Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

100 Days Of Riots: Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Days Of Riots: Portland

And you wonder why citizens are arming themselves and why we don't trust feckless leftists politicians to protect us.

Portland police declare riot on 100th straight night of protests as 'fire bombs' hurled at officers

Police said "fire bombs" were thrown at officers during the protest overnight.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/portland-p...ry?id=72846185
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Attempting to burn people alive is just another way to protest peacefully.

Okay, I'm waaay over my limit here so that's all for the weekend.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Attempting to burn people alive is just another way to protest peacefully.
      Well it's justified because of a few bad cops...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Well it's justified because of a few bad cops...
        Only it wasn't because of bad cops, it was because of false racism narratives about shootings that weren't true. The only recent death that was/is controversial is George Floyd, but the cam footage now pretty much dispels any belief that it was racially motivated.

Comment

And you wonder why citizens are arming themselves and why we don't trust feckless leftists politicians to protect us.

Portland police declare riot on 100th straight night of protests as 'fire bombs' hurled at officers

Police said "fire bombs" were thrown at officers during the protest overnight.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/portland-p...ry?id=72846185
          My fave edit of this so far.

Comment

If this is what the left calls "peaceful protests", then I'd hate to see their idea of violent ones.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              ...then I'd hate to see their idea of violent ones.
              Wait, if Trump wins...

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                Idiot, set himself on fire...

Comment

Wait, if Trump wins...
                  Wins or it ends up as a stalemate because of the inevitable problems and controversies that will arise. Either way, we've only seen the tip of the iceberg this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Comment

Wait, if Trump wins...
                      If Trump wins with a mandate some of the higher-up Leftists (Pelosi, Schumer) are going to take a low profile, because they will realize that they're about to get the boot.

And I see governors and mayors relenting to feds restoring order to their cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                        If Trump wins with a mandate some of the higher-up Leftists (Pelosi, Schumer) are going to take a low profile, because they will realize that they're about to get the boot.

And I see governors and mayors relenting to feds restoring order to their cities.
                        I definitely think the bolded will happen because the chaos and violence will be so bad, they'll have no choice. Unless it turns into an all out civil war between the political parties (then they could use Trump's forced federal actions as fodder to keep fueling the unrest). I'm not ruling the possibility of that out either.

Comment

Idiot, set himself on fire...
                          Reminds me of the middle least morons who accidentally set themselves on fire trying to burn American flags while yelling "Death to America" --- only to end up hopping around like retarded rabbits, trying to stop the fire out.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            If this is what the left calls "peaceful protests", then I'd hate to see their idea of violent ones.
                            Any peaceful protester with half a brain would move down the street from these riots and not have anything to do with them.

It AMAZES me that there will be morons who say, by opposing these RIOTS, we are against "peaceful protests".
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              I definitely think the bolded will happen because the chaos and violence will be so bad, they'll have no choice. Unless it turns into an all out civil war between the political parties (then they could use Trump's forced federal actions as fodder to keep fueling the unrest). I'm not ruling the possibility of that out either.
                              Perhaps in some major cities. The suburbs and rural America (I have one foot in both) have been quiet. The enemy hasn't shown his face around here.

Comment