Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are �Losers� and �Suckers�

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
    I'm a named source who can tell you that I wish Trump had grown into the role I had seen for him when I voted for him. I take no pleasure in reading stories like these.
    A "named source"? "LiconaFan97"?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      It also doesn't square with his actions; the fact he expanded NDAA (which the Dems, who believe he's a traitor, a dictator, a Putin puppet strangely granted) as well as the fact he's always been a vocal supporter of US military in the past. This sounds more like warmongering neocons who want to smear him this way because he wants to pull out of certain military campaigns (like they did with the Afghanistan bounty thing).
      And there it is, even before i knew about this...

This stuff is way too easy. I'm also hearing that there was an ad about this that was way too early not to have been coordinated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        A "named source"? "LiconaFan97"?
        Ok, not a named source. But I am a first party source.

In any event, I enjoyed this digression very much but will be happy to leave you to your conclusions about my character.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          And there it is, even before i knew about this...

This stuff is way too easy. I'm also hearing that there was an ad about this that was way too early not to have been coordinated.
          How does this story make it more likely the troops stay? Trump can still pull the troops out if he wants to.

Comment

Ok, not a named source. But I am a first party source.
            That, you are!

In any event, I enjoyed this digression very much
            Honest? It seemed like I was annoying you more than anything else.

but will be happy to leave you to your conclusions about my character.
            Well, as I said, the jury is still out, so feel free to prove me wrong.

Look, you seem like a decent fella, you just seemed wound a bit tight. I apologize if I was too harsh.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
              It must be an extremely poorly designed helicopter if it cannot not fly in the rain. What possible use is a "dry weather only" helicopter?

Do US military aircrew use the excuse "We regret Sir that we cannot reconnoitre that target today - because the forecast is for rain and our helicopter only flies in dry weather."
              Ask Kobe Bryant about helicopters flying in bad weather.

Oh wait, you can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                Ask Kobe Bryant about helicopters flying in bad weather.
                But I think it's kinda cute that she thinks that we "reconnoitre" in helicopters, when we have satellites for that.

Comment

I'm a named source who can tell you that I wish Trump had grown into the role I had seen for him when I voted for him. I take no pleasure in reading stories like these.
                  Thesestories were out when you voted for him the first time. Tigers do not change their spots.

Comment

How does this story make it more likely the troops stay? Trump can still pull the troops out if he wants to.
                    Making it seem like Trump has disdain for the troops discredits any decisions he makes about the military. Obviously he faces push-back every time he wants to pull troops out of a military quagmire (Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, etc.). With this allegation hanging over his head, folks can question whether or not he really has the military's best interest in mind or some other ulterior motive for the decision. The sky's the limit with what conspiracy theories the left and the military can throw at him for any decision he makes now.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      Thesestories were out when you voted for him the first time. Tigers do not change their spots.
                      You're right. I'm not proud of my mistake, just hoping to make good on it.

Comment

• Miles Taylor has confirmed that Trump didn't want the flags at half staff for McCain.

"Mr. President, this is not true. You were angry that DHS notified federal buildings to lower the flags for Sen. McCain. I would know because your staff called and told me."

Comment

• Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
                          Miles Taylor has confirmed that Trump didn't want the flags at half staff for McCain.

"Mr. President, this is not true. You were angry that DHS notified federal buildings to lower the flags for Sen. McCain. I would know because your staff called and told me."
                          No, Miles Taylor claims that unnamed staff members called him and told him that. It's like the Ukraine phonecall hoax all over again. "I heard from a guy who heard from a guy..."
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            No, Miles Taylor claims that unnamed staff members called him and told him that. It's like the Ukraine phonecall hoax all over again. "I heard from a guy who heard from a guy..."
                            I thought having a named source was super important when judging the veracity of a story. Now it's named sources who got their info from named sources? What about their sources though...

Oh right, Bolton was rejected as a named source even for things he directly heard from the president. I guess it's just impossible to verify anything.
                            Last edited by LiconaFan97; 09-04-2020, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                              I suspect that Fox may no longer be Trump's favourite news channel...
                              Well, I called that right. Trump tweeted the following a few hours ago:

Jennifer Griffen should be fired for this kind of reporting. Never even called us for comment. FoxNews is gone!
                              "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                              "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• The Stars and Stripes (military newspaper) - Trump forced to change course.

Comment