Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrats get Green Party kicked off ballot in Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats get Green Party kicked off ballot in Montana

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...-senate-ballot

State Democrats succeeded in kicking the Green Party off the ballot in Montana this week, with the Montana Supreme Court ruling that they must be dropped.
    They did this by harassing signatories of the voting petition until they "unsigned" the petition (post certification).

Who needs to suppress the vote, so long as you make sure they can only vote for the person you want them to.

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

They did this by harassing signatories of the voting petition until they "unsigned" the petition (post certification).

Who needs to suppress the vote, so long as you make sure they can only vote for the person you want them to.
    Sounds like politics as usual in Montana; something the Republicans would be happy to do if the sides were switched.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
      Sounds like politics as usual in Montana; something the Republicans would be happy to do if the sides were switched.
      But isn't that vote suppression? Something the the Dems are always whining about?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        But isn't that vote suppression? Something the the Dems are always whining about?
        Yep. Worse. It's more like what they do in dictatorships like Russia or Venezuella where you only have the choice to "vote" for who they want you to.
        Last edited by Sparko; 08-21-2020, 01:49 PM.

Comment

I would call it more along the lines of voter intimidation.
          Covid has made this year very difficult for third parties as the petition requirements have not been relaxed.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            I would call it more along the lines of voter intimidation.
            Covid has made this year very difficult for third parties as the petition requirements have not been relaxed.
            Jo Jorgenson has made it difficult for Libertarians. I'm about to bail out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
              So give the Democrats a pass based on the unfounded assumption that Republicans would do the same thing if they could?

That's a stupid argument.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

More shananigans by the unprincipled republican party. There was a 5-2 ruling by the state Supreme Court that the Republican party was guilty of "campaign finance fraud" and "negligent representation" in misleading Montana voters. Four of those who filed suit were people who had signed the negligently represented petition to put the Green party on the ballot. Typical of the GOP who were nailed by the Montana court in 2018 as well when they submitted false signatures submitted by people who did not collect them. There is no end to the unprincipled political parties attempt to steal elections.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  So give the Democrats a pass based on the unfounded assumption that Republicans would do the same thing if they could?

That's a stupid argument.
                  It's the Republicans who were found guilty here, not the democrats. What you're upset about is that they got caught once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                    Jo Jorgenson has made it difficult for Libertarians. I'm about to bail out.
                    Could you specify what you're referring to here?

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      It's the Republicans who were found guilty here, not the democrats. What you're upset about is that they got caught once again.
                      Quote from the opening post:

"State Democrats succeeded in kicking the Green Party off the ballot in Montana this week, with the Montana Supreme Court ruling that they must be dropped."

So I don't know what you're going on about.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Quote from the opening post:

"State Democrats succeeded in kicking the Green Party off the ballot in Montana this week, with the Montana Supreme Court ruling that they must be dropped."

So I don't know what you're going on about.
                        Of course you don't. Look into it and you might find out. Or read post #8.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          More shananigans by the unprincipled republican party. There was a 5-2 ruling by the state Supreme Court that the Republican party was guilty of "campaign finance fraud" and "negligent representation" in misleading Montana voters. Four of those who filed suit were people who had signed the negligently represented petition to put the Green party on the ballot. Typical of the GOP who were nailed by the Montana court in 2018 as well when they submitted false signatures submitted by people who did not collect them. There is no end to the unprincipled political parties attempt to steal elections.
                          That's a rather, shall we say, "creative" interpretation of the facts, but nothing you say is supported by the source in the opening post.

Apparently Democrat operatives harassed the signers, calling them on the phone as much as 20 times and badgering them to revoke their signatures despite the fact that there is no procedure for doing so in Montana.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            You know how I can tell you aren't truthful? Appellate Courts, (Of which supreme courts are) don't determine guilt/innocence.

So, a State Supreme Court cannot find a group "Guilty" of campaign Finance Fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                              Could you specify what you're referring to here?
                              She was placating the BLM group, meeting with and acting like she was in solidarity with them. That's not what the party should be about.

Comment