Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Postoffices are quietly getting rid of sorting machines head of election.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Polling places have been closed in some localities, resulting in some people waiting as long as six hours to vote in the primary this spring. The process of choosing which locations to close can easily be politicized.
    Well, then fix that.

Much less costly than gearing up the post office for handling millions of mail in ballots and then having to wait weeks or months to find out who won.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Well, then fix that.

Much less costly than gearing up the post office for handling millions of mail in ballots and then having to wait weeks or months to find out who won.
      Over 80,000 mail-in ballots disqualified in NYC primary mess

1 out of 4 mail-in ballots were disqualified for arriving late, lacking a postmark or other defects

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ove...c-primary-mess
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        Over 80,000 mail-in ballots disqualified in NYC primary mess

1 out of 4 mail-in ballots were disqualified for arriving late, lacking a postmark or other defects

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ove...c-primary-mess
        The argument I've seen is that these kinds of "errors" are random and so affect both parties equally. But, of course, we have no way of knowing that, and elections should not be decided by random errors anyway.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          The argument I've seen is that these kinds of "errors" are random and so affect both parties equally. But, of course, we have no way of knowing that, and elections should not be decided by random errors anyway.
          It is more about the mess we are going to have afterward...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Well, then fix that.

It's voter suppression plain and simple. Texas for example has closed hundreds of polling sites, some 750, the majority of them in black and latino counties. And that can't be fixed if the state (republican) leadership doesn't want to fix it. Mail in voting is not something they can so easily manipulate to their advantage which is why Trump is now, just in time for the election, trying to sabotage the postal service.

http://www.texasobserver.org/texas-p...place-closures

What do you think Trump appointed a cronie million dollar donater who knows nothing about the postal service as postmaster general for?
            Last edited by JimL; 08-18-2020, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              It's voter suppression plain and simple. Texas for example has closed hundreds of polling sites, some 550 of them in black and latino counties. And that can't be fixed if the state (republican) leadership doesn't want to fix it. Mail in voting is not something they can so easily manipulate to their advantage which is why Trump is now, just in time for the election, trying to sabotage the postal service.
              http://www.salon.com/2020/03/03/vote...-latino-areas/

http://www.texasobserver.org/texas-p...place-closures
              LOL. If the mail is not so easily manipulated then why do you and all of the liberals have the vapors? The post office doesn't receive federal funding in the first place, you already said they can handle Christmas cards, so all's good then. Trump can't withhold funding if they don't get any in the first place, right?

Pick a stance. Either the mail is already reliable and can't be manipulated or defunded, or it can be and it is not reliable. which is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                It is more about. the mess we are going to have afterward...
                Before, during, and afterward.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

LOL. If the mail is not so easily manipulated then why do you and all of the liberals have the vapors? The post office doesn't receive federal funding in the first place, you already said they can handle Christmas cards, so all's good then. Trump can't withhold funding if they don't get any in the first place, right?

Pick a stance. Either the mail is already reliable and can't be manipulated or defunded, or it can be and it is not reliable. which is it?
                  For 1) The USPS is under the control of Congress and they are in the red because under the Bush Administration in 2006 the Congress forced them to to fund retirees healthcare 75 years into the future. The USPS is a non=profit public service under the control of Congress who often rob the surplus to pay for other pet projects of their own. And 2) It isn't only about the funding, it's about the dismanteling of sorting machines each one of which sort 35,000 peices of mail per hour as well as other measures taken to slow the process. No one was making a stink about the needed funding until the purposeful dismanteling of the system was recognized and reported on by postal workers themselves. As I said you must either be in denial or you are complicit with rigging the election.

Btw, the corrupt postmaster general has just agreed to stop messing with the system. I guess being caught and being called in to testify in front of Congress had an effrect.
                  Last edited by JimL; 08-18-2020, 02:05 PM.

Comment

For 1) The USPS is under the control of Congress and they are in the red because under the Bush Administration in 2006 the Congress forced them to to fund retirees healthcare 75 years into the future. The USPS is a non=profit public service under the control of Congress who often rob the surplus to pay for other pet projects of their own. And 2) It isn't only about the funding, it's about the dismanteling of sorting machines each one of which sort 35,000 peices of mail per hour as well as other measures taken to slow the process. No one was making a stink about the needed funding until the purposeful dismanteling of the system was recognized and reported on by postal workers themselves. As I said you must either be in denial or you are complicit with rigging the election.
                    Dang you caught me! I am in charge of stealing the mail trucks.

jamielee.jpg

Btw, the corrupt postmaster general has just agreed to stop messing with the system. I guess being caught and being called in to testify in front of Congress had an effrect.

Comment

Well, then fix that.

That's done on a state level.

If somebody does get infected in October, do you really want them going to the polls?
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        That's done on a state level.

If somebody does get infected in October, do you really want them going to the polls?
                        They can use the normal absentee ballot system. Nobody is trying to stop that. Just against trying to make an entire state using mail-in as the default which will overload the system no matter what the funding, and cause delays in getting election results.

Comment

That's one reason. Another significant reason is that he is being sued by Washington state , Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, California, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Delaware, Maine and North Carolina.
                          "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                          "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                            That's one reason. Another significant reason is that he is being sued by Washington state , Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, California, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Delaware, Maine and North Carolina.
                            Yes, I heard that just after posting.

Comment

They can use the normal absentee ballot system. Nobody is trying to stop that. Just against trying to make an entire state using mail-in as the default which will overload the system no matter what the funding, and cause delays in getting election results.
                              It will, as I previously pointed out, only overload the system because of the measures that the Trump cronie is taking to mess up the system.

Comment

Dang you caught me! I am in charge of stealing the mail trucks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47805[/ATTACH]

Obviously you are one of those who are complicit with the undermining of your democracy.

Comment