Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden's running mate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    In a regular election, Harris's withholding of exculpatory evidence as a prosecutor would be an easy disqualifier. But it seems that at this stage of politics, there's not one single things that can possibly serve as a dealbreaker.
    There is also her keeping people in jail so that the state would have access to a pool of cheap labor for various projects.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      An old school pro-segregationist dixiecrat and a corrupt cop who put blacks in jail and laughed about it. We'll see how that goes down in Nov.
      Yeah, in the year of, "Black Lives Matter," they went and picked the ex-cop with a sketchy reputation. I don't see this tipping the scales in Biden's favor come Election Day.
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
        Yeah, in the year of, "Black Lives Matter," they went and picked the ex-cop with a sketchy reputation. I don't see this tipping the scales in Biden's favor come Election Day.
        Being that the left is overtly racist, I suspect they think that just because she's black, the rest of the black democrats will just fall in line and stay on the plantation. The problem is that most democrats who believe this live in a bubble. Though the political elites like black celebrities, CNN, MSNBC, and black grifters like Al Sharpton might be harping on how great of an historical moment this is, I guarantee you actual working class blacks and poorer blacks won't have the same sentiment. I'm just hoping Trump doesn't open his mouth and blow it again.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          In a regular election, Harris's withholding of exculpatory evidence as a prosecutor would be an easy disqualifier. But it seems that at this stage of politics, there's not one single things that can possibly serve as a dealbreaker.
          I miss the good old days when a photograph of Gary Hart on a boat with a woman who wasn't his wife was enough to end his political career on the spot.
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 08-11-2020, 07:07 PM.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

She really brings nothing to the table for Biden.
            I stopped reading at this point.

You don't have to like Harris OR Biden to recognize that she brings a number of positives to his campaign:

• She's black; he's not.
            • She's young; he's not.
            • She's got a track record of working with Republicans. Biden already has this, but a VP with the same skill is going to be needed in this highly polarized environment.
            Last edited by Whateverman; 08-11-2020, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
              I stopped reading at this point.

You don't have to like Harris OR Biden to recognize that she brings a number of positive to his campaign:
              • She's black; he's not.
              • She's young; he's not.
              • She's got a track record of working with Republicans. Biden already has this, but a VP with the same skill is going to be needed in this highly polarized environment.
              A classic example of my theorem that it is often impossible to tell the difference between sarcasm, and liberal delusion.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                Here she is:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47586[/ATTACH]

In all seriousness, Cornell West said of Biden:

Biden is a neo-liberal disaster. He's milquetoast, he's tied to Wall Street, he's tied to militarism, he's racist, and he's very much responsible for institutional racist prison system that we're still coming to terms with."
                I'm not sure that I agree with this sentiment, but the country may not be ready just yet for a neo-liberal as exemplified by Biden winning the democrat primary and the thing of utmost importance right now is ridding the country of the current corrupt authoritarian president.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  I miss the good old days when a photograph of Gary Hart on a boat with a woman who wasn't his wife was enough to end his political career on the spot.
                  Things have changed in the Republican Party endorsing and devoted to the womanizing philanderer Donald Trump.
                  Last edited by shunyadragon; 08-11-2020, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Kamala Harris...

Just 6 months ago, she called him a racist!!!
                    No, she didn't Bill, she actually said just the opposite.

Comment

Great Choice by Biden! She had a hard life facing racism.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        Great Choice by Biden! She had a hard life facing racism.
                        I wonder why

"That little girl was me."

Comment

Worse, she brought up the fact he was a pro segregationist dixiecrat. I can just see the Trump ads now bringing up his history over and over and using Kam, his own VP, to amply that fact.
                          Sheesh! No she didn't, she questioned his stance on busing and his working across the divide with segragationists dixiecrats, she never called him a pro-segrationist dixiecrat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                            I don't know what the polls are saying, but absolutely every person I speak to during the day (when politics are mentioned) say they are not voting for Biden. Perhaps it is only in my neck of the woods but it sounds like it will be a Trump landslide. One Democrat I work with is really frustrated and says he will stay home - because Biden "is worthless."
                            Your neck of the woods is pretty dark. I will not venture there.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Sheesh! No she didn't, she questioned his stance on busing and his working across the divide with segragationists dixiecrats, she never called him a pro-segrationist dixiecrat.
                              I didn't say she did call him that. I said she brought up his racist history which brings that fact to light.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Trump says she was his first pick for Biden's VP. She stunk out loud in the Dem debates.

Didn't she also say that Biden would make a great running mate ---- as VP, because he has experience at that?
                                And why should anyone care what Trump has to say about it? What'd you think he was going to say, what a great choice she was?

Comment