Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden's running mate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bussing thing.jpg
    You know, the thing

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Only republicans are suceptible to being spoon fed alternative facts. Just ask Kellyanne Conway.

Comment

Well it's pretty clear to anyone with half a brain that Trump is a racist, it's even clearer that he is using race as a campaign tactic to rally his racist base. But as far as who the real racist party or racist candidates are, I'll leave that up to the targets of racisms to decide. Oops, I think they've already decided. You lose.
        It's also just as clear that Biden is a racist, and he chose literally the one person who is responsible for nearly as many black people getting put in the slammer as he and his 94 crime bill was.

Quite the erm, choice the two-party system has given y'all this election: The rapist racist incumbent or the rapist racist challenger who chose essentially a cop for his VP.

Comment

Well it's pretty clear to anyone with half a brain that Trump is a racist
          And you are the resident expert on thinking with half a brain. OTOH, those with more than that understand that the left tars anyone and everyone who they don't like as being racist.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Pretty much the same thing.
            Only Democrats buy into the DNC/Media Putin Puppetmaster garbage.
            That's because democrats aren't susceptible to alternate facts like republicans obviously are. Trump knows. "I could shoot someone in the middle of 5th ave and wouldn't lose any support." He basically tells his supporters what a bunch of dummies he thinks they are, and turns out he was right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
              It's also just as clear that Biden is a racist,
              Apparently African Americans disagree with you so why should anyone else take you seriously?

and he chose literally the one person who is responsible for nearly as many black people getting put in the slammer as he and his 94 crime bill was.
              The 94 crime bill targeted federal crimes, which account for 10% of those incarcerated, not state crimes, so it had little to do with mass incarceration. Besides you pseudo law and order republicans love putting people in prisons. So, if that's what you believe Biden and Kamala represent, welcome aboard , they'll gladly accept your vote.

Comment

Apparently African Americans disagree with you so why should anyone else take you seriously?
                Ah yes, they do, of course, because any that doesn't vote for him 'ain't black', we're told.

The 94 crime bill targeted federal crimes, which account for 10% of those incarcerated,
                And incarcerated countless black americans.

not state crimes, so it had little to do with mass incarceration. Besides you pseudo law and order republicans love putting people in prisons. So, if that's what you believe Biden and Kamala represent, welcome aboard , they'll gladly accept your vote.
                I'm a libertarian, and I'm quite against putting people in prisons, genius.

So no, Harris who imprisoned countless blacks and others for minor marijuana crimes, who threatened poor black parents (and laughed about it afterwards) with jail for 'truancy', and who tried to keep evidence from being tested that could release a black man from death row, and her racist rapist buddy Ole Joe will not be getting my vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                  Ah yes, they do, of course, because any that doesn't vote for him 'ain't black', we're told.

And incarcerated countless black americans.

I'm a libertarian, and I'm quite against putting people in prisons, genius.

So no, Harris who imprisoned countless blacks and others for minor marijuana crimes, who threatened poor black parents (and laughed about it afterwards) with jail for 'truancy', and who tried to keep evidence from being tested that could release a black man from death row, and her racist rapist buddy Ole Joe will not be getting my vote.
                  Well i was just being facetious, they won't be needing your vote.

Comment

Well i was just being facetious, they won't be needing your vote.
                    They're gonna need all the damn votes they can get if they want any chance at winning, because right now it looks like a repeat of 2016......

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...unt-trump-out/

Comment

As far as is known he didn't, he adopted two children from relatives I believe, but there are stories out there of him fathering a slave child by the name of West Ford, and I for one wouldn't doubt that for a second.
                      Why wouldn't you doubt it for a second? From some (admittedly quick) research, it appears that the first recorded claim of this comes from about 150 years after the fact. The whole thing seems rather dubious, given that.

But I think Hypatia probably had Thomas jefferson in mind who is known to have had children with his slave Sally Hemmings.
                      That would have made more sense. But the thing is, we have records of claims of Jefferson having children with Hemmings back in the early 19th century, back when the people involved were still alive. The claims regarding West Ford, as noted, don't seem to surface until the mid-20th century.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                        Why wouldn't you doubt it for a second? From some (admittedly quick) research, it appears that the first recorded claim of this comes from about 150 years after the fact. The whole thing seems rather dubious, given that.
                        Oh, i didn't mean I wouldn't doubt for a second that Ford was Washingtons, he may have been, I don't know, but I just meant that It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had slave concubines and children with slaves.

That would have made more sense. But the thing is, we have records of claims of Jefferson having children with Hemmings back in the early 19th century, back when the people involved were still alive. The claims regarding West Ford, as noted, don't seem to surface until the mid-20th century.
                        Yeah, I know, there's not a whole lot of evidence. It's apparently, I believe, the claim of a descendent who attributes their knowledge of it to an oral history within their family. I'm not sure if there is any other evidence so I take that with a grain of salt so to speak. But! It wouldn't surprise me that it were true.
                        Last edited by JimL; 08-12-2020, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          Missouri
                          It's pretty likely Trump will win Missouri.

That doesn't say much about his chances nationwide.

Comment

Well, there are plenty of African Americans who agree with him... but let me guess... they ain't Black.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]47642[/ATTACH]
                              You know, the thing
                              #votebluenomatterwho
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                                #votebluenomatterwho

Comment