Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Liberals Aren�t as Tolerant as They Think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best example of Leftist intolerance is how black conservatives are ridiculed by the Left, being called "Uncle Toms" and sell outs, while people like Joe Biden pretend to know who "true blacks" really are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      The best example of Leftist intolerance is how black conservatives are ridiculed by the Left, being called "Uncle Toms" and sell outs, while people like Joe Biden pretend to know who "true blacks" really are.
      Bill Clinton was the first black president.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Except what is considered racist, bigoted or sexist are being broadly defined to include almost anything. Believe that homosexuality is a sin or that a trans woman is really a biological male then you are a bigot. You are a racist based only on the color of your skin (see White Fragility).
        If bigotry can include almost anything then tolerance can't exist since it would include tolerance for bigotry, in which case either the discussion is over or you can redefine bigotry to be narrower.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          And now it extends to "anybody and anything that disagrees with me".

Good to see you, PM!
          Howdy CP! What makes you think that?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
            If bigotry can include almost anything then tolerance can't exist since it would include tolerance for bigotry, in which case either the discussion is over or you can redefine bigotry to be narrower.
            Except the left is not defining it more narrowly. "Silence is violence" if you do not support the left's view of race (buy into critical race theory/White Fragility) you are by default racist. You don't believe a biological man can become a woman you are a transphobe.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Liberals are tolerant as long as you agree with them. The moment you disagree, however, watch out.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Liberals are tolerant as long as you agree with them. The moment you disagree, however, watch out.
                I remember back in the 60s the leftists would say, I may not agree with what you say but I would fight to the death for your right to say it. It was a lie - at least they dropped the charade.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I remember back in the 60s the leftists would say, I may not agree with what you say but I would fight to the death for your right to say it. It was a lie - at least they dropped the charade.
                  I thought that was a conservative slogan? Leftists in power were too busy adding more troops to Vietnam armadas. Leftists in college were too busy protesting (and rioting) about what leftists in power were doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                    Those protesters are allowed to have their free speech. As a liberal I am tolerant of them doing that.

And yet when conservatives want to peaceably assemble in Church on Sunday mornings, liberals have the vapors and want to outlaw it because "COVID!"

But riots? Just fine. Because they agree with the protestors.

When conservatives PEACEABLY protested in Michigan, again liberals and the Governor acted to shut it down and condemn it.

When conservatives invited conservatives to speak to conservatives on college campuses, liberals again rioted and chased them away.

I am all for the current protestors to have free speech. As long as they are peacefully demonstrating. Not attacking police, or burning property.

Comment

I thought that was a conservative slogan? Leftists in power were too busy adding more troops to Vietnam armadas. Leftists in college were too busy protesting (and rioting) about what leftists in power were doing.
                      No it was leftists, they were doing it to give cover to their political beliefs which were not generally popular.

Comment

It's not just tolerance, it's the response to tolerance.

If I decide, even with cause, that you're a racist, do I have a right to punch you in the nose? Or burn down your house?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Howdy CP! What makes you think that?
                          College campuses, for one, where they can't even allow opposing ideas to be spoken.

Comment

I don't know that it was a lie, because some of the liberals with whom I work still believe that, but it seems to be WAY out of vogue for the liberals in leadership.

Comment

I still believe and hold to that "slogan".

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                I don't know that it was a lie, because some of the liberals with whom I work still believe that, but it seems to be WAY out of vogue for the liberals in leadership.
                                To be honest CP, I don't think most leftists would put their lives in danger to save a child.

Comment