Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Let's stop the nonsense about federal agents in Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    As I recollect all this is your opinion.
    Based on training, personal experience, and contact with those who know.

You are assuming such practises are being adopted in Portland.
    I am!

I would add that Mr Casey is defined as an "OPINION CONTRIBUTOR" on your link.
    Yes.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
      Has the situation improved at all?

It seems like their presence has increased the number of protesters. I saw a picture today of a wall of veterans standing in front of the wall of mothers now.
      I'm not sure if there has been an increase or if there is more attention being paid to it after the MSM largely ignored or downplayed it for so long. I mean, how many people were unaware that this stuff had been going on in Portland for 50 some days until last weekend or later?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Please do not insult rats by making such a comparison.

Rats simply do what they need to survive, they are also highly intelligent creatures and females are good mothers.
        Here in the U.S. we can perceive the lefts affinity as well as affection for rats just in the name DemocRAT

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I'm not sure if there has been an increase or if there is more attention being paid to it after the MSM largely ignored or downplayed it for so long. I mean, how many people were unaware that this stuff had been going on in Portland for 50 some days until last weekend or later?
          Considering that right-wing conservatives have been demonizing it for more than 7 weeks - probably quite a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
            Considering that right-wing conservatives have been demonizing it for more than 7 weeks - probably quite a few.
            I haven't seen or heard anything focused on Portland so that you would get any sense of continuity.

And somethings nobody has to "demonize."

Comment

I haven't seen or heard anything focused on Portland so that you would get any sense of continuity.
              Please don't tell me you're serious. Right-wing media has been talking about it non-stop; people have been posting about it here for more than a month. The outrage machine has been operating at capacity for a while now.

And somethings nobody has to "demonize."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47098[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]47099[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]47100[/ATTACH]
              And yet by constantly over-emphasizing the actions of the violent/destructive minority, demonization is exactly what's been happening.

Comment

It seems like their presence has increased the number of protesters. I saw a picture today of a wall of veterans standing in front of the wall of mothers now.
                To protect the anarchists who are trying to burn down the federal building. Doesn't that seem just a bit odd to you?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

EGGzackly. And the local "authorities" are still doing nothing to address the chaos. Most likely because they realize they are absolutely impotent, as the 'crowd' has turned on them, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                    Please don't tell me you're serious. Right-wing media has been talking about it non-stop; people have been posting about it here for more than a month. The outrage machine has been operating at capacity for a while now.

And yet by constantly over-emphasizing the actions of the violent/destructive minority, demonization is exactly what's been happening.
                    What I've heard comes from a wide variety of cities[1] with no special emphasis on Portland.

And you're focusing on the wrong thing here.

What do I mean?

Don't you agree if there wasn't so much violence involved in these protests/riots then it wouldn't be "over-emphasized"? So maybe, just maybe for once the emphasis needs to be on stopping the violence itself rather than worrying about whether those engaged in it are being demonized.

1. off the top of my head; Minneapolis, Atlanta, Seattle, Chicago, New York City as well as Portland. And I'm pretty sure I missed a few.
                    Last edited by rogue06; 07-25-2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      You're out of your cotton picking mind, CP. Perhaps you'd like to tell us as well who these anarchists are and what their ultimate intended goal is. Graffiti?
                      This, alone, shows that you're either one of the worst s we've every had, you're a pathological liar, or you're dumber than a coal hod. They're trying to burn down a federal courthouse, they have already taken over at least one police station, there is arson all over (Rouge posted a map), they've torched the police association building, and nutters like you say say incredibly stupid things lie "it's about graffiti?"

And you think I'M the one out of my mind?

Comment

Indeed very good point. I recall hearing the vaguest mention of Portland protestors trying to do the same thing as Seattle protestors back when the establishment of CHAZ/CHAD was in the news, but until recently when Trump sent these federal agents in, I had no idea this has been going on in Portland for so long. Very interesting how little national coverage this got until Trump did something (something they've now spent days criticizing - so I'm guessing that's what needed to happen to get the coverage: them being able to criticize trump over something).

Comment

Let's deal with this asinine stupidity.

"Mothers" have drowned their kids in bathtubs, smothered them in their sleep, chopped them up with axes, robbed banks, poisoned husbands... but the left uses the term "mothers" because it portrays a special role, a vulnerable role - that, if attacked, is more heinous than attacking "a random person". This is the SAME left that demonizes the right for elevating the role of "mother" to a special status, preferring that homes have both a 'mother' and a 'father'.

So, all of a sudden, "mothers" are important to the left (and we don't actually know that these women are "mothers", except that the left has chosen to use that designation), because they serve as human shields for the anarchists.

"Veterans" --- I'm one, and I revere veterans. I also work with homeless shelters where MANY of our "clients" are 'veterans', some with severe mental problems such as PTSD or other disorders. The left has historically vilified our veterans, especially those from Vietnam era. All of a sudden, the left has found a new love for veterans, as long as they, too, provide a human shield for the anarchists.

The rank hypocrisy of the left stinks out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            "Veterans" --- I'm one, and I revere veterans. I also work with homeless shelters where MANY of our "clients" are 'veterans', some with severe mental problems such as PTSD or other disorders. The left has historically vilified our veterans, especially those from Vietnam era. All of a sudden, the left has found a new love for veterans, as long as they, too, provide a human shield for the anarchists.

The rank hypocrisy of the left stinks out loud.
                            You got that right, when we landed in San Francisco in 72 about 200 leftists were waiting at the airport. Calling us all kinds of vile things, also aimed at the walking wounded that were with us.
                            Last edited by seer; 07-25-2020, 02:30 PM.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              You got that right, when we landed in San Francisco in 72 about 200 leftists were waiting at the airport. Calling us all kind of vile things, also aimed at the walking wounded that were with us.
                              It's one of the few things that really makes my blood boil, when the loony left all of a sudden decides to use veterans as props in their pinko commie war with America.

Comment

Please do not insult rats by making such a comparison.

Rats simply do what they need to survive, they are also highly intelligent creatures and females are good mothers.
                                Agreed, Trump is neither highly intelligent, nor a good mother. But he is anxious like a cornered rat, or perhaps mouse is a better analogy.

Comment