Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How do you attempt to rationalise with the completely irrational?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    However, all these conspiracy theories contain the same kernel, of a similar fundamental fear, namely that some occult [i.e. in the meaning of hidden or unknown] force is operating behind the outward forms of political life and that what is perceived as real is nothing but an illusion to disguise the sinister machinations of this powerful, secretive and menacing cabal [whatever it happens to be] and its intended schemes and machinations.
    Well I certainly believe that there is a sinister force in the world, the Devil and his minions...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
      I tried once, it went as expected.

And then I brought up that slavery is alive and well in China.

And the conversation went silent, I stared at the floor for a while, and then went to lunch.
      Slavery thrives all over the world, not just in China. Have you ascertained where all the products and clothes you purchase are made, and how, and by whom?

Then there is the diplomatic immunity excuse. How many foreign diplomats in the US at this moment have in their entourages individuals who have been enslaved or coerced?
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Have you ascertained where all the products and clothes you purchase are made, and how, and by whom?
        I do...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• This QAnon consipiracy is too convoluted and boring to keep my interest.

Now, the Mandela Effect conspiracy that Darfius was spouting was at least interesting and fun. That's how you do a conspiracy theory!

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
            I do...
            And from whence do you make your purchases?
            "It ain't necessarily so
            The things that you're liable
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life
            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

And from whence do you make your purchases?
              All my shirts and pants and underwear are made in the US, my shoes and boots. Socks from England, Japan and Spain coats made in the US or England.

Comment

Slavery thrives all over the world, not just in China. Have you ascertained where all the products and clothes you purchase are made, and how, and by whom?
                When I ascertained Nike shoes were made from slave labor, I quit buying them. When I ascertained the NBA was enabling China, I quit watching.

I typically go barefoot now, sometimes I use flip-flops.

If there be any country or company that is actively using slaves, like China, then offer evidence and I will consider it.

Then there is the diplomatic immunity excuse. How many foreign diplomats in the US at this moment have in their entourages individuals who have been enslaved or coerced?
                Since you seem to have knowledge of it, then tell me. And if they make shoes, I shall not purchase them for my feet.

Comment

When I ascertained Nike shoes were made from slave labor, I quit buying them. When I ascertained the NBA was enabling China, I quit watching.

I typically go barefoot now, sometimes I use flip-flops.

If there be any country or company that is actively using slaves, like China, then offer evidence and I will consider it.

Since you seem to have knowledge of it, then tell me. And if they make shoes, I shall not purchase them for my feet.
                  It's actually quite disturbing....

List of Goods Produced by Child Labor or Forced Labor
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Slavery thrives all over the world, not just in China.
                    H_A, the slavery apologist.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      H_A, the slavery apologist.

If China invaded us tomorrow half these leftists would join them, icing on the cake:

https://www.nationalreview.com/magaz...as-christians/
                      Last edited by seer; 07-24-2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        That link is broken for me.

If this is the list from the APSI, I've seen it. The Chinese government is directly involved. This is an example of a corrupt government.

It is interesting but expected the left will downplay China's role, and point fingers elsewhere.
                        Last edited by Maranatha; 07-24-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                          If China invaded us tomorrow have these leftists would join them...
                          Given that it's the rightist who are communist-friendly, I respectfully suggest that you're projecting a bit...

Comment

That link is broken for me.

If this is the list from the APSI, I've seen it. The Chinese government is directly involved. This is an example of a corrupt government.
                            Yeah, I thunder-fingered it.

I remember when you could go into Walmart and you could see all kinds of "made in USA" stuff, then came the "cheaper" campaign, and so much stuff was made in China.

Same with Shark Tank - I used to enjoy that, but so many of the contestants (applicants?) were told, "you need to increase your profit margin by moving production to China...."
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                              Given that it's the rightist who are communist-friendly, I respectfully suggest that you're projecting a bit...
                              wow

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                                Are you nuts?

Comment