Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How do you attempt to rationalise with the completely irrational?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    Anything specific that can be addressed?

Comment

You believe evolution is a hoax and called the Lucy fossil suspect. We're talking about conspiracy theories and the tendency to believe in grand-scale hoaxes.
      I recall saying that some of the claims made about the Lucy fossil were a hoax and not that the actual fossil was fabricated. This is why I said you were missing some context.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        Anything specific that can be addressed?
        Those are all of Breitbart's deep state articles.

Comment

I linked to him using deep state in the context of COVID.

The FBI and CIA attempted to blackmail MLK with pictures of him in an adulterous affair. There is a difference between that and what Trump is trying to do with his deep state dog whistles.

Also, remember that he asked FBI for loyalty, which is not a good way to start one's presidency.
          We've had four years of Obama admin/DoJ/FBI revelations of malfeasance and (at least the firm belief by the right) that they tried to sabotage Trump's campaign. That's what he's referencing when he says "deep state." His and the right's belief these institutions, along with the democrats are trying to sabotage him. All the stuff you pointed out about "satanic cabal of pedophiles" dog whistles I doubt is even on his radar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I recall saying that some of the claims made about the Lucy fossil were a hoax and not that the actual fossil was fabricated. This is why I said you were missing some context.
            In scientific debate, unsupported claims aren't called "hoaxes." The term "hoax" has historically been used to convince Christians that evolution is a hoax when it's actually the most successful scientific theory, confirmed strongly by genetics and fossil evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              We've had four years of Obama admin/DoJ/FBI revelations of malfeasance and (at least the firm belief by the right) that they tried to sabotage Trump's campaign. That's what he's referencing when he says "deep state." His and the right's belief these institutions, along with the democrats are trying to sabotage him. All the stuff you pointed out about "satanic cabal of pedophiles" dog whistles I doubt is even on his radar.
              You don't know Trump if you think he's not aware of popular QAnon theory that he's dismantling global pedophilia network. As an opportunist with a huge ego, he'll cater to those types with "deep state" dog whistles.

Comment

You don't know Trump if you think he's not aware of popular QAnon theory that he's dismantling global pedophilia network. As an opportunist with a huge ego, he'll cater to those types with "deep state" dog whistles.
                I've never heard him reference that, once. Maybe he did, but I've never heard him do it. I don't even think he's referenced Q directly, though I'm less sure of that. In fact, he even wished Ghislaine well (the madam of a REAL pedophile ring).

Comment

I've never heard him reference that, once. Maybe he did, but I've never heard him do it. I don't even think he's referenced Q directly, though I'm less sure of that. In fact, he even wished Ghislaine well (the madam of a REAL pedophile ring).
                  That's why they're called "dog whistles," sean.

Wishing Ghislaine well could have been a "dog whistle" to Maxwell. He can get away with that with his followers because he knows his base is so stupid, he could openly shoot someone and still get elected.

Comment

Wishing Ghislaine well could have been a "dog whistle" to Maxwell. He can get away with that with his followers because he knows his base is so stupid, he could openly shoot someone and still get elected.
                    Wishing Ghislaine well was a dog whistle to her?

Comment

Wishing Ghislaine well was a dog whistle to her?
                      It's possible because it's inexplicable why he'd wish her well since she's universally regarded as guilty. Yes, we know Trump was friends with her.

Comment

It's possible because it's inexplicable why he'd wish her well since she's universally regarded as guilty. Yes, we know Trump was friends with her.
                        What was the message to her that only she understood?

Comment

Here is a possible explanation as to why some some of the complicit evangelicals are acting like they do:

Written by Anne Applebaum in History Will Judge the Complicit - Why have Republican leaders abandoned their principles in support of an immoral and dangerous president?

Comment

Those are all of Breitbart's deep state articles.
                            Your contention is that no "deep state" exists whatsoever?

Comment

What was the message to her that only she understood?
                              If whag can explain the message it will, by definition, not be the message "that only she understood". You might want to change your question...

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                If whag can explain the message it will, by definition, not be the message "that only she understood". You might want to change your question...
                                If you have a theory that he's sending her a message that only she understands, then you must have a theory about what that message is.

Comment