Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Smithsonian: You Are Racist If...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    If you hold to western values and work ethics. Go to the link to see a larger picture...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46737[/ATTACH]

https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-...pics/whiteness
    Well then, I guess I'm racist.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Well then, I guess I'm racist.
      Who says the left is not trying to destroy society.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

If you hold to western values and work ethics. Go to the link to see a larger picture...

Wow, it looks like they took the chart down, they got caught!

Last edited by seer; 07-16-2020, 04:38 PM.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

This graphic does not pop up from your link. Where on the page is it?

Missed your most recent post. Yeah, I think it was way too easy to assume that chart was itself a negative value judgement on all the things listed (just as most of you did). I doubt that was the actual intent of the chart.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-16-2020, 04:45 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            See my last post, they took the chart down - cowards...

Comment

Missed your most recent post. Yeah, I think it was way too easy to assume that chart was itself a negative value judgement on all the things listed (just as most of you did). I doubt that was the actual intent of the chart.
              Of course they were making negative value judgements on those things - they are the qualities/values of "whiteness." Remember Jim, these are the people you are supporting...

Comment

Wow, it looks like they took the chart down, they got caught!

Something like that doesn't get posted accidentally. It had to pass through multiple levels of approval before being published

Comment

Something like that doesn't get posted accidentally. It had to pass through multiple levels of approval before being published
                  Perhaps they didn't think it would get that much exposure. In any case the truth about who they are is out there... And they did not disavow it.

Comment

Perhaps they didn't think it would get that much exposure. In any case the truth about who they are is out there... And they did not disavow it.
                    It was a classic "I'm sorry you're upset" non-apology.

Comment

It was a classic "I'm sorry you're upset" non-apology.
                      As I said, their point was not likely to be to say all those things are bad, but just to define what white culture is.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Let's do a comparison...

oxmixmudd (what white supremacy is):
                        It's not. The KKK itself co-opts Christian concepts and teachings. It's founder considered himself Christian. Many members of the KKK in the past where Christians, members of churches, self professed believers in the teachings of Christ. In fact, in the height of the jim crow south, it was not at all unusual for people to go to church, and bring a picnic lunch along to watch a lynching of a black 'criminal' after the service. White Christian churches in the south were quite resistive to integration of their services on Sunday morning. And it was only those more 'liberal' elements within the southern church that embraced the civil rights movement, and Billy Graham, whatever you may think of him, lost popularity in southern white churches because of his efforts to support Martin Luther King. And let us not forget that the Southern Baptist Church and convention owes its origins to a break from other Baptists over the issue of slavery, over the right of it's Christian members to have and use slaves.
                        DiAngelo (what white supremacy is):
                        Christianity is the norm. Anything other than Judeo-Christian tradition is foreign. No tolerance for deviation from single God concept
                        Well, both consider the Christian church racist and white supremacist. Pretty darn close.

Comment

Of course they were making negative value judgements on those things - they are the qualities/values of "whiteness." Remember Jim, these are the people you are supporting...
                          I don't think so seer. But I am talking issues of race with a man displaying Robert E Lee as his avatar, so there really is no point in discussing it further.

Comment

I don't think they're saying that all of those things are bad. They're just pointing out what are the "default assumptions" so people can realize that alternatives might also be valid choices.

Comment

I don't think so seer. But I am talking issues of race with a man displaying Robert E Lee as his avatar, so there really is no point in discussing it further.
                              See Jim, you don't want to deal with the principles of the people you are supporting. This isn't about race as must as it is about destroying western culture. Going forward Jim don't defend the family, Christianity, science, rational thinking, property rights, decision making, planning for the future, delaying gratification, etc... These are all vestiges of "whiteness" and therefore suspect. What ever you think about Trump and his policies the policies of these people and their goals are infinity worse and evil.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                                I don't think they're saying that all of those things are bad. They're just pointing out what are the "default assumptions" so people can realize that alternatives might also be valid choices.
                                What is the alternative to rationality and the scientific method?

Comment