Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Denmark among few countries not advising or requiring masks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    They're not trying to use COVID to oust a sitting president.
    Well, maybe he should have gotten Edited by a Moderator and done something instead of downplaying it. Though there are more reasons than his inept response to Covid-19 to oust the lawless, treasonous, wannabe dictator.

Moderated By: QuantaFille

You know better.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by QuantaFille; 07-16-2020, 12:04 PM.

Comment

They're not trying to use COVID to oust a sitting president.
      Not talking about a president. Just talking about a large population that has not been able to be educated as to the seriousness of the disease and that has been misled as to why it is necessary to practice things like social distancing etc to help reduce its spread. I doubt Denmark has to cope with that level of ignorance, making it easier to adopt as less forceful mask wearing recommendation.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES, it appears.

Wearing a condom is effective in certain circumstances, but that doesn't mean you should wear one all the time.
        Well in certain circumstances when wearing a condom a mask might be helpful as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Well in certain circumstances when wearing a condom a mask might be helpful as well.
          If you have the morals of an alley cat, maybe.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Not talking about a president. Just talking about a large population that has not been able to be educated as to the seriousness of the disease and that has been misled as to why it is necessary to practice things like social distancing etc to help reduce its spread. I doubt Denmark has to cope with that level of ignorance, making it easier to adopt as less forceful mask wearing recommendation.
            Jim, I know you have denied that this thing is political. But it most certainly is, and that fuels the resistance.

One of the reasons that a large populace has "not been able to be educated", as you put it, is that they flat out don't believe the hype from the same doom-and-gloomers who claim the sky is falling about other situations. There is a WHOLE LOT of hype, particularly with regards to my own State, that simply does not match the situation on the ground.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Let's just stop wearing masks and, for those where not counterindicated, take hydrocholoroquine proactively if concerned. We no longer need to suffer coronaphobia
              Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-16-2020, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                Let's just stop wearing masks and, for those where not counterindicated, take hydrocholoroquine proactively if concerned. We no longer need to suffer coronaphobia
                I disagree with this. Hospital personal and other people handling Corona patients benefit from mask use. Physical distancing worked, as did hand sanitizing. The scientific consensus is that hydrochloroquine is not a good treatment, and it should definitely not be taken pro-actively. That act has already killed people.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  I disagree with this. Hospital personal and other people handling Corona patients benefit from mask use. Physical distancing worked, as did hand sanitizing. The scientific consensus is that hydrochloroquine is not a good treatment, and it should definitely not be taken pro-actively. That act has already killed people.
                  chloroquine has been taken proactively against Malaria for a long time. The withdrawn study showed chloroquine didn't work. There are studies showing it does work. If you might have it, Pulmicort has worked too.

It is fine if hospital personnel see reason to wear the masks around cuomovirus patients. Other than that, we just don't have any doubleblind studies showing physical distancing or hand sanitization works. It is all hearsay. There simply is no need to suffer from coronaphobia any more, at least for the healthier younger population. The "cure" (quarantines and economic shutdown) are killing more people than the cuomovirus itself.

Comment

chloroquine has been taken proactively against Malaria for a long time. The withdrawn study showed chloroquine didn't work. There are studies showing it does work.
                    There are many studies, the consensus of them is heading towards it not doing much.

Other than that, we just don't have any doubleblind studies showing physical distancing or hand sanitization works. It is all hearsay.
                    It's called the germ theory of disease. We've had evidence for that since the 1880s. Disease is spread by germs, in this case viruses. Handwashing kills bacteria and denatures viruses. Physical distancing prevents you breathing in particles from a person.

Comment

There are many studies, the consensus of them is heading towards it not doing much.

It's called the germ theory of disease. We've had evidence for that since the 1880s. Disease is spread by germs, in this case viruses. Handwashing kills bacteria and denatures viruses. Physical distancing prevents you breathing in particles from a person.
                      There are germs and maybe viruses. We are talking about coronavirus here rather than germs. Plus, we have to be exposed to germs and viruses in order to exercise our immune system.

The problem I have with the current practices for cuomovirus is that they have not been promoted for the general population of people before. There simply is no reason to think the novel cuomovirus is any different. People who are younger than 55 or 60 could live life normally. Some people who are 55 or older might want to take precautions, but this would depend on how much they want to enjoy life compared to how much "risk" they will accept of getting exposed to coronavirus.

There are too many costs we are paying for this questionable response to the virus. The worst thing is that the mainstream media simply push fear upon us instead of solutions.

Comment

There are germs and maybe viruses.
                        There are germs and viruses. There's no maybe on viruses.

Plus, we have to be exposed to germs and viruses in order to exercise our immune system.
                        To an extent, but we don't need to be exposed to corona virus.

Comment

There are germs and viruses. There's no maybe on viruses.
                          I have seen some discussion on virus theory but am not sure how substantial this is. The coronavirus is structurally indistinguishable from exosomes, the latter being debris excreted from cells.

To an extent, but we don't need to be exposed to corona virus.
                          There are no specific viruses that we need to be exposed to, but apparently there are billions in small amounts of sea water. There is little reason to be so cautious for this one virus (or for most viruses). It is just time to get beyond the fear promoted by the media.

Comment

I have seen some discussion on virus theory but am not sure how substantial this is. The coronavirus is structurally indistinguishable from exosomes, the latter being debris excreted from cells.

There are no specific viruses that we need to be exposed to, but apparently there are billions in small amounts of sea water. There is little reason to be so cautious for this one virus (or for most viruses). It is just time to get beyond the fear promoted by the media.
                            I just don't understand why we need learned scientist who study this stuff for decades when we have you mike.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              I just don't understand why we need learned scientist who study this stuff for decades when we have you mike.
                              You need both. I help point you to the science that clarifies things. I point you away from the media that promotes fear. If we had learned media, my work would be much simpler.

Comment

I have seen some discussion on virus theory but am not sure how substantial this is.
                                It's quite substantial, we can both image them, have a model of how they work and we've sequenced their DNA.

There is little reason to be so cautious for this one virus (or for most viruses).
                                It's more lethal than the flu, and it is rather infectious.

Comment